View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2024, 02:08 AM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: IN REGARDS TO RIVERCLAN HIGH RANKS AND PLOT FINDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura. View Post
Okay, so in my personal experiences, something that was never addressed. I was bullied by two members of staff on the discord months ago, and humiliated by said two members. From what I’ve seen, these members haven’t been punished, and rather, one got a promotion. I don’t have positive looks on the older staff because I’ve heard things from other former HRS and how they weren’t exactly given an agenda and proper warnings (allegedly,) with my personal experiences and the things I’ve heard from people I trust, I can’t exactly say you guys are angels. I also never got an apology.
Hey Sakura,

We appreciate you coming forward to add context to the input you've given in this thread.

Your posts outlining your personal experience have understandably raised worry within the community, particularly about the objectivity of our moderation process. I'd like to reassure you and our community that the staff team holds the well-being of our members in high regard and we approach reports of harassment with the utmost seriousness.

Our team primarily operates behind the scenes to respect the privacy and comfort of the reporter. However, we acknowledge that you have chosen to share your experience publicly, enabling a level of transparency that exceeds our customary practices. We aim to address this matter openly and comprehensively for the benefit of our community.

We've published a document with the information we have regarding the incident, which can be viewed here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I empathize with your experience and apologize for any distress that you have felt. Our site is meant to be a place of kindness and positivity, and engaging in behavior that falls short of that standard is never the goal of any staff member. Your feelings truly matter to us.

Tone can often be unclear or hard to read over text, potentially causing misunderstandings to escalate even when no ill will was intended. In this situation especially, many discussions appeared amicable and light-hearted, making it more challenging to discern the line between playful banter and discomfort. In line with this, it's very possible that the staff members involved may have misjudged your comfort level with the jokes and messages being made.

With all of these nuances in mind, it was difficult to come to a cut and dry decision over whether the behavior constituted formal action. Ultimately, we decided that because we couldn't discern malicious intent within the messages, it would be better to instead take proactive measures to prevent further harm being done: BEAR. and Lillith were instructed to refrain from engaging in similar discussions with you.

I hope this provides some helpful insight into our process and the rationale behind why certain actions were or were not taken. All of this is to say that your report was not dismissed, and all messages and actions related to the situation have been considered in our investigation and response.

We will continue to prioritize the safety of our members and fostering a positive roleplaying experience. As always, we encourage you and anyone with questions or concerns to please reach out to a staff member. Your thoughts and feedback are heard, valued, and taken seriously. Thank you for being a part of our community and for having these necessary conversations with us.
i’m smiling too”

---

Last edited by panchiko; January 27th, 2024 at 02:25 AM.