Thread: Sunkissed Creek
View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2024, 12:26 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Sunkissed Creek

MINKFLURRY
she/her. 18 moons. scarred dark brown she-cat with lighter bengal tabby markings; yellow eyes
[ purrks ; beefed up T1, ultimate predator ]

minkflurry is never one to stay cooped up in camp, and that applies even when it's cold. she's not afraid of the elements, she's afraid of being lazy like some cats around camp.

she finds herself sniffing around sunkissed creek, on a hunt. muddy fur bristles against a cold breeze, yellow eyes narrowed with concentration. "all this damn snow is messing with my nose!" she hisses under her breath, coming to an abrupt stop. this is what I get for coming to a spot that used to belong to those rats, she thinks. suddenly, she hears an odd noise — like claws scraping against ice, and she whips around to look at the creek. a layer of ice covers it, and (trying) to scurry across it is a squirrel, slipping and sliding.

while it's not her favorite prey, it's prey nonetheless. she weighs her options, looking at the ice for a solid moment. her tail lashes, and she breaks out into a sprint. she makes it halfway to the squirrel before there's a CRRRAACK! in just a few short seconds, her lower torso is in the water and she's digging her claws into the ice, trying to pull herself out of the creek. brrr it is FREEZING! she's gotta get outta here before she gets hypothermia or something!

barely managing to successfully pull herself out, scrambling away from the hole. huffing and puffing, she shivers. her whole lower half feels frozen! even worse, the squirrel managed to escape. she throws her head back, parting her jaws in a silent scream as her claws scrape against the ice. fuming with anger, minkflurry decides it's best she goes to camp and warm up so she can hunt later and not have to lose a leg from frostbite or something.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days