View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2024, 02:21 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Default Where You Left Your Heart [Private]

Woollyfeather drifted into an uneasy sleep, occasionally shifting when she felt the unfamiliar touch of her scar on fabric. A scar that looked like a pockmark, or crater sat on her shoulder, mockingly reminding her why she was here, and not home. The criss crossing scars from where the two-legs had performed their magic that healed her were finally beginning to fade, but this knowledge held no comfort for her.
At last, she could ignore the insistent pinching in her side just long enough for sleep to overtake her. Her dreams were no less confusing.
She found herself in a starry field, eyes scanning her surroundings, curious where she was supposed to be. And then a terrible thought hit her.
This was the land of her ancestors' spirts and she was dead.
No more was there a hope that she would ever come home, ever see her mate, her children, her friend again. She'd never go on another patrol or follow her leaders command.

The lilac point sank to the ground, staring blankly at the blades of grass in fro t of her as they swayed, mind racing, dread forming in the pit of her stomach. She tried to deny it, wanted to.
She couldn't have died alone, couldn't have died captured and isolated and and and....
A small form stepped closer.
She looked up, coming face to face with a depressingly young-looking kitten that she did not recognize, yet looked so familiar.
She opened her mouth to speak, to say anything, but nothing came forth, not sure what she should say.
She didn't need to, though.
He spoke for her.
"Don't fret, little warrior. You have not joined your ancestors yet. I am simply.... Borrowing you and your mind. Rest assured, you will wake up and return to your life when we are done."
The strength returned to her limbs, and she shakily stood once again, staring curiously at this tiny individual.
"So .... If I'm not dead... What am I here for? For what reason are you, as you said, "borrowing" me?"
She couldn't think of any reason why the residents of StarClan would take interest in her, visit her...
She hadn't even known they could see her from so far away.

The kitten tilted his head.
"Home. You cannot return unless you can speak to someone. And you don't have the time to sit and wait for the weather to warm up and the window to open."
Well that was.... Vague and definitely not terrifying to hear.
She took in a breath, thinking of what to say.
"What am I supposed to do? How is this dream going to get me home?"
The small, grey kitten turned and began tossing away and she could only gawk as she realized the young tom had no tail. Not even a nub.
She'd never seen such a thing before, but as he grew more distant, she realized she was meant to follow him.
She gave chase, running after the small shape.
Despite his pace, he was still so far ahead of her, even as she continued to run She was was going to lose him....
She shouldn't have stopped to stare, and now she was going to lose her only chance.....
She stumbled and came to a halt as a distressingly familiar figure came into view in the distance.
Woollyfeather turned to look, to confirm it wasn't a stranger she'd mistaken. Heart soaring, she took a running leap at Hawkbite, so excited to see and hear and touch her friend again. So excited to no longer be separated by glass.
So relieved to no longer be alone.
She would be coming home.
She was home.

[ @SuspiciousMindz ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.