View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2024, 12:52 AM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Where You Left Your Heart [Private]

What is this heat I'm feeling?

Hawkbite's ears and the spot on his cheek burned after Woolly's affectionate nuzzle. Honestly, he couldn't recall a time she'd been so affectionate before-

Stop.

That wasn't how this time was meant to be spent. His emotions would wait. They'd be shoved back down until further notice. This wasn't how he should be viewing his closest friend who also happened to be the deputy's mate. Shouldn't he feel shameful for this reaction? So. . . why didn't he?

"I've missed you so much more," Hawk countered playfully. His heart was hammering in his chest, and he returned the affection with an action he'd never displayed to anyone but Mothkit. Hawkbite leaned over and landed a gentle lick between the she-cats ears. The purr from his throat couldn't be masked either; he couldn't stop the motor that had started.

For the moments that Woolly was processing her emotions, Hawk soaked in the warmth and feel of his friend beside him. He could sit here and enjoy it forever if he had the option to. He was pretty oblivious to her feelings in that moment, too consumed with his own confused emotions. It wasn't until the silence extended more than normal, that the tom would pick up something was wrong. She seemed distracted, was it for the same reasons he was?

STOP!

He wouldn't press into it. She'd open her mind to him when she was prepared. He knew her well enough to trust that.

Hawk happened to also be oblivious to the StarClanner nearby, but it didn't help that Woolly bolted upwards and stood in his view of them.

Oh no.

Hawk picked it up now. The shakiness to her voice, the way she seemed to urgently move on, and he was sorely reminded of the lack of time they had. It tugged at his heart strings and his normally stoic persona broke for a moment. His gaze reflected the distress he was hiding from himself and Woolly.

This joyous encounter was turning into a confusing one for him. A pile of feelings and interactions that his brain wasn't sure how to process quite yet. Perhaps being here was distorting his judgement too? It was hard to say, but he was growing uncomfortable. The only comfort he sought was sitting before him, trying to make sure this encounter wasn't for nothing.

He would listen, but it was hard to focus.
Would he comprehend?

Hawk would nod eagerly. "I think we can do that, Dawnstar wants to be a part of your rescue mission. She told me that. We all want you to come home, Woolly. . ."

Especially me.

His gaze averted her just in time to catch her trying to hide her paws as the thought crossed his mind. His ears perked towards her. "You know how many warriors because you tried by yourself, didn't you?" Hawkbite asked softly, his gaze would turn to meet hers again. The stoic look was back as he actually processed what might've happened to her.

@Abyssopelagic

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL