Thread: Croaking Swamp
View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2024, 05:34 PM
High-Function Autistic

Status: Highly Functioning Autistic who is easily frustrated, so if I say something I don’t mean, I’m so
Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Angelic

ShadowClan Re: Croaking Swamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micanomancy View Post
Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Enforcer
she/her | 37 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and pale green eyes, one gouged out]
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Five prey each? In Leafbare? Adlerblossom must have been extremely confident in her hunting skills, then. Mistlewhisker nodded, peeling off to find some prey. Scenting the air, she came across the scent of a jackdaw, some mice, and even a squirrel.

Following the jackdaw scent, Mistlewhisker padded through the marsh, staying low, until she heard its croaking cries. Eyeing the bird, she crept up on it, staying downwind and hidden in the ferns. Mistlewhisker leapt forward, slamming her massive paws down on the bird's wings and crippling it, shooting down to snap its neck with her jaws. One down.

[Mistlewhisker gained +1 jackdaw]

Stuffing the bird under a bush to return to later, Mistlewhisker then followed the scent of some mice. She found evidence of a burrow nearby, and she waited until she heard the skittering steps of the little creatures under a root. Slowly creeping up to it, Mistlewhisker slammed her paw on the root and took off after the fleeing mice, managing to catch two by the tails, swiftly killing them. It wasn't too far from the jackdaw, so she carried the mice by their tails to push them against the jackdaw. Two to go.

[Mistlewhisker gained +2 mice]

The squirrel scent had gone stale, so she left it in favor of a vole. She dropped low to the ground, swiftly following the scent. When she could hear the little creatures scuffling in the earth, she paused, trying to catch sight of them before pouncing. Suddenly, a blackbird shrieked into the cool air, alarm calls ringing off the trees before suddenly going quiet. The voles, alerted by the alarm call, shot off into the underbrush. Mistlewhisker sighed, closing her good eye. Well, if that didn't alert every animal in the forest, she didn't know what would. Pushing herself to her paws, she scented around a bit more, only to find most of the prey had gone stale. The chill of leafbare was still upon them, and that meant most prey would be huddling in warm burrows. She started back to her jackdaw and mice. Maybe she'd find something on the way back.

When Mistlewhisker returned to the clearing where Alderblossom had instructed her to meet, she had gained another mouse, bringing her total up to four. She could see the blackbird at Alderblossom's paws, and a muscle flickered in her jaw. That explained that, then. She set hers down, working her jaw to alleviate the cramp from holding so much. "Are you ready to return?"

[Mistlewhisker gained +1 mouse]

Grabbing her rabbit, blackbirds, and voles, Alderblossom gave Mistlewhisker a nod once her patrolmate had returned.

It had started to snow on their way back to camp, coating Alderblossom's tortoiseshell fur and making her look like a calico.

The ShadowClan molly's slim frame easily slipped into the camp.

(Since Alderblossom is the leader of the patrol, I'll go on and report it and let Elaif know we didn't need the extension after all.)

ON SCRATCH

Robinstar
is ThunderClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Roaringstar is SkyClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Pareidoliastar is WindClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Anachronismpounce is ShadowClan’s current Deputy.
Do not ask how I got so many lol.