View Single Post
Old February 29th, 2024, 09:19 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: moorland race - pt 2! [apprentices and up]

| Dapplebreeze |
Agatha Kitty - Active | Silver Tongue - Active | Beefed Up [Tier 1] - Inactive

Following closely after her daughter, leaving enough of a gap to not make the poor dear fret over having her mother looming over her during such a fun event, the senior warrior heard a familiar voice call out to her, her polite smile growing with some more natural, motherly fondness as she stared down at the petite, ginger tabby. A demure laugh escaped the former queen at the younger warrior's happy, energetic mood. It was good to see her so lively. When was the last time that she'd heard the joyful, boasting voice carrying across the warriors' den as she regaled some poor, unsuspecting clanmate with a no doubt overly exaggerated tale of heroic proportions? Or... well, so young Firestorm assumed they were. Her inexperience was always obvious in her youthful demeanor, but it was always refreshing to see a warrior so eager to prove themselves. And as much as she proclaimed her own virtues, there was an undeniable lovingness about the ginger furred she-cat that the patched warrior couldn't help but want to nurture and foster, allowing it to bloom to the no doubt wonderful warrior she would be as she gained more wisdom.

"Why yes, my dear. I will most certainly be joining this race. Can't very well call myself a WindClanner if I cannot travel with the gales that sweep the moors themselves, now can I?" she purred amicably. "Hopefully my age does not get in the way. I would much prefer to keep up with you youngsters. Can't be slowing down before I am bound for the elders' den, now can I?"

Despite her gentle demeanor, a glint of competitiveness shone in her eyes, her dark blue hues playful, an odd look on the normally diplomatic, neutral toned warrior. Her daughter's voice cutting through the rest of the gabber, Dapplebreeze's mismatched ears perked, whiskers quivering with anticipation. Racing had always been one of her favorite pastimes as an apprentice. Back in the days when apprentices were allowed out of camp on their own. Without mentors. Trusted to have good judgement as they grew. It had been some moons since she had run alongside others, but she had been keeping her strength up since her illness. Hopefully this would help determine if she was back to full strength or if she still had some recovery left to do. She refused the alternative. Slowing down was not an option. Not yet. Not while there was a fighter's spirit burning within her.

"Best of luck, darling," the patched warrior mewed as she got into position, not waiting for a response as she bounded off.

Tan legs rushing through the fields with the well practiced ease of moons' experience, Dapplebreeze darted along the territory, her eyes and ears alert to all sound. All motion. To any trap that might lie in wait. Gratefully, her keen senses were not necessary to spot the first of the challenges her little bird had placed for them. Mud crossed the path, slippery, and easy to lose one's footing on. Her youth had been spent at war with RiverClan, however, and she remembered the many fights at the borders, mud being just one of the many obstacles to fighting the fish clan. Hoping her experience from seasons past would work to her advantage today, the senior warrior kept her eyes open for any firm grip she could find, any patch of ground that was perhaps less perilous than the rest in her attempt to cross the first of many hurdles thrown the racers' way.

@Dark [Firestorm]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios