View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2024, 05:07 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: stockades for the healing![herb gathering event]

Event [#event]

Already on the move through the territory, it was clear that some cats had some more experience gathering than others. Perhaps it could’ve been a natural curiosity for such things, or maybe a few cats had been sent to enough herb patrols in their lifetime to gain some essential knowledge for what they needed to pick out. Whichever the case, Springpaw went from feline to feline, eying whatever they picked to ensure they hadn’t picked out anything potentially dangerous. There was no point in all this gathering being done to keep the clan safe if she couldn’t keep them safe now if they collected any sort of poison that she recognized. Whichever the case, she couldn’t stop the smile that wormed her facial features, clearly pleased by her clan-mates progression so far. She might want to see if she can potentially collect some honey for the winner on their way back for sure because there would be someone earning that rightful treat today. She was a little bit puzzled about how she may be able to collect any given how it was currently winter, but she supposed that she would find out a way either way.

Quote:
Sunleap rolled a 1!
Drat! Already on the prowl and you can't find a lick of anything! Like a pair of snake eyes staring down at your most unfortunate luck! Shaking yourself free of these thoughts, you grab some herbs, hoping they are what the medicine cats need before Springpaw walks next to you and asks why you have a clump of dead grass in your maw. Spitting it out, you hope for better luck next time.

Dogpaw rolled a 3!
Pretty little yellow blooms catch your eye, and you dip your head to pick one, remembering seeing some yellow flowers whenever cats came back from herb patrols that either Drizzlecloud or Springpaw send out. Your speculation is soon proven correct as Springpaw beams at the sight of the marigold in your maw before you move on.

Beetlepaw rolled a 1!
You find yourself getting a little strayed away from the group while looking for some herbs, but unfortunately, it seems that a little drizzle of unluckiness got the best of you and you found a lick of nothing. Better luck on the next part of the territory!

Sheeppaw rolled a 2!
It was close. You were almost about to give up on searching for anything in this area, but that was when you found it. A small silvery, clump of cobwebs that would do nicely for the medicine cats. Confidently, you grab a small bit of the silver web before moving on with the group.

Mousepaw rolled a 6!
It seems that undoubted luck was on your side today! While you were searching through the territory, you found yourself a small cluster of rosemary just sitting there right in front of you. Why wasn't anyone bothering to collect any? Oh well, more for you, and a massive treat is at stake! You grab two of the stalky green plants before heading on to the next place.

Oatpaw rolled a 1!
Darn it! Mousepaw took the herbs you planned to snag before it was too late! You rushed to the area to see if there was anything left for you to snag only for there was nothing but dead weeds surrounding the area. What a bummer.

Basilpaw rolled a 3!
Getting close to the spot where Mousepaw collected some plants, you fail to see anything that seems worthy of picking. But... is that? In the middle? It is! Looking around, you find a stick and quickly insert it into a nearby hole, twisting and turning until it is filled with some cobweb. A necessity for bandaging up the wounds of war!

Riversong rolled a 4!
Not much luck has remained prominent on your side while you searched through the territory, but a small hole caught your eye. With a dim enlightenment of curiosity, you head towards the hole to take a peek to see if anything is growing in there. Much to your surprise, there was! You noticed a very small, prominent mushroom that seemed handy for the medicine cats to clot up any bleeding. It wasn't glowing, so it had to be good! You snagged the small mushroom and began to follow the group towards the next location.

Treepaw rolled a 2!
You stumble upon some herbs that you remember seeing some cats collecting at Springpaw's other event. What was it again? Burdock root? Yeah! That was it! With giddy glee, you collect one of the prominent brooms before following the group to the next location.

Redhawk rolled a 4 2!
Drat! All of the good herbs seemed to be getting taken away from your paws like a slippery eel! Oh well, at least a small web of cobwebs caught your eye, so you grab a little bit of the silver webs before going back to the group again.

Mallowpaw rolled a 2!
You weren't quite sure what to collect other than a sturdy stick that you found yourself stumbling into while searching for herbs. It wouldn't hurt to bring a stick back along in case anyone had a broken leg, right? Nonetheless, you collect it and move on.

Tansyjaw rolled a 2 3!
You've been overhearing that the medicine cat has been needing some marigold quite often, so it doesn't phase you much when you stumble into a little bit of the herb. You collected a piece of the golden-yellow broom and went back to the group.

Mistheart rolled a 3!
Following right close with the elder, you see some moss prominent along one of the closest trees right next to you. It wasn't a herb, but it surely had some valuable purposes with it, right? Just to keep the rest there so there isn't a lack of moss in the later spring, you collect only one clump of it for now.
“These… are all… great! Haven’t… even got… to the… deeper… parts of the… territory… and yet… so many… of you… are already getting… plenty of herbs!.. next stop will be… Firefly Cove… there's plenty of… herbs in that… area… so we… are bound… to be… lucky… with your findings." Springpaw exclaimed, twitching her tail as she led the group to the next location. Hopefully, those who hadn't found anything in the territory would have more luck there.

next post will be
3 - 7

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; March 4th, 2024 at 05:09 PM.