Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2024, 08:44 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: The Starcave

Lips pressing into a thin line, Lostspark listened to her great-grandfather in silence. He was not wrong, not entirely. And in the end, there was no use arguing. Arguing with a dead cat was like gossiping with a kittypet who had nothing better to do. (And by skies, Lostspark had already had to sit in and listen to a kittypet blabber on and on during her kithood days. It was not a repeat-worthy experience).

She had been selfish. She could not deny it. It pained to admit to it, but Lostspark could not live in denial. Changing the past was not an option, and never would be, but her future path? That, she could forge on her own. How could she reach her children when they refused to be compliant? When all some of them saw in her were faults upon faults? Was that who she'd become? Was that who she wished to be? No, it wasn't Wolverine's words, no matter how venomous, held meaning. Lostspark would be the fool she'd labeled herself as already to ignore the lingering connotation behind them.

So lost in thought, the lithe grey Medicine Cat nearly missed Wolverine's moniker for her. He'd used it before, but this time it did not make her blaze from the inside out with pain. Dappledleaf was long gone, a cat of a time past her.

Cracking a vague yet humorless smile, Lostspark glanced towards the owner of this swamp-ridden hell hole. "Little bird," She repeated, straightening up. "I have one of my own now, and the cat who once called me such has been dead numerous moons, but it likely matters little to you." Dappledleaf's death did not bring Lostspark strife still - not since she'd realized that Dawnstar was the best mother she ever could have asked for.

Someone she could actually hope to model herself after. Both Fablespinner and Dappledleaf had ultimately failed to be prospective role models.

Blinking back into the present, Lostspark gazed at her kin. "We'll just have to see, won't we? I've already made enough promises in advance as it is, now the question is whether I will deliver. And perhaps, even if I do waver, at the very least I have found the means to reclaim my flame." Lostspark could not describe the hollow feeling in her chest, but she did know that for now, there was no more reason for her to return here anymore. She already knew what she would do next from here on out. The next time Lostspark would be here would be for Mossfreckle's ceremony.

Being grateful had never killed anyone - she still had manners where they were due. "So thank you, for the lesson you've taught me. And I suppose I won't be seeing you again for a while."

[ @BEAR. - Wolverine | Post is a bit meh, but here we are. ]

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.