View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2024, 03:49 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Shadow's Break

Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Active

Darkfall liked to consider himself a competent hunter. He also thought her were fairly good at fighting too, but hunting was something he had found came a bit easier to him growing up. That’s why as soon as he left his companions behind, he was able to quickly catch the trail of a mouse. It reminded him a bit of the time what felt like a lifetime ago when Cougarivy was teaching him to hunt. A mouse had been his first target at the time and just as he was about to catch it, the then leader of the enforcers tackled him. His opinion on the she-cat had been soured by the event, however, he appreciated her lessons now. He hoped she was okay.

Being mindful of the herbs so as not to disturb the ghost of the former medicine cat (nor draw the ire of his former mate), Darkfall tracked the scent to a small enclave of grass. Like an apex predator, he carefully crept forward, making sure that his weight was evenly distributed. Mice were tricky because they were able to pick up the vibrations of one’s paw steps, one’s smell, and the sounds that the hunter made. He hated hunting the small creatures because of it, but also got a sense of satisfaction, unlike other prey. Ears trained on his surroundings, he made sure there would be no interruptions before… he pounced! Darkfall pounced upon the spot and quickly dispatched the first mouse, only to find out there were two more. Quickly, he bit into their small bodies and killed them with a bite to the back of the neck.

A purr of satisfaction rumbled within him at the accomplishment and he carried his catch before leaving it within a small cache.

Not satisfied with the three mice, Darkfall went off in an attempt to find more prey. It was a little hard, trying to be mindful of the herbs and find something to bring back, however, he managed to find a small bird – a lark nibbling on some seeds. The black tabby found it immensely ironic that it was a lark that he had found, but he pushed the thought out of his head. Keeping low to the ground, he gave the bird a wide berth, using the undergrowth as cover. Carefully he crept forward before finally a flash of dark fur and claws pinned the bird to the ground, giving it a sharp bite to the back of its head just as it made a final cry.

Well, that sucked. Sure that the lark’s call scared off any further prey, the dark-furred enforcer went back to where he left his mice before grabbing them and heading back to where he left the others.
[Mouse +3, Lark+1]

[ @Rogueheart @Starphobia will be turning this in sometime on Sunday. Again, really sorry about the delay!]

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here