View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2024, 03:20 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours. busy during weekdays until 4 p.m. EST
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: Looking for role playing Advice!

i agree with snips when it comes to post length, and on the topic of character creation, you could try and come up with a general idea (e.g. spoiled princess, jerk with a heart of gold, naive optimist) and go from there. coming up with a strong, distinct personality before you submit your character might help keep you from writing them all too similar. some characters may warrant longer posts because they have lots of inner monologue or are very observant, while others might have shorter because they're more clueless or something lol.

if you want to seem experienced with your writing, i'm not sure what good advice for that would be... read lots of books? fanfiction? try to expand your vocabulary and description abilities. i went to go read some of your posts myself to try and see what you might need help with, and i think paragraph spacing could really be useful. if your posts are just a whole bunch of words in a really big paragraph, it'll be hard to read and understand. split it up into blocks whenever a new train of thought starts or something new is introduced. ...also, i'm not sure if you have a reason why you do this, but warrior cat names are prefix and suffix in the same word. like, bluejay or whiteflower. not blue jay or white flower, which is how you write them.

if that tutor system does end up becoming a thing, i think i could teach some users if needed.
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; March 9th, 2024 at 03:25 PM.