Old March 17th, 2024, 03:30 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: get off your butts before we make you [TC APP EVENT]

Swanpaw

She/Her - They/them
(3/100)

Swanpaw was so nervous about climbing. She had came over initially to potentially learn a battle move or two if she was lucky, but climbing? That was not something she had prepared herself for. With a defeated look, she followed along with the rest of the group. Not so far behind as to be lagging, but also not too far in front to draw attention to herself. Perhaps if she made herself seem smaller (not that she needed any help with that) then the bigger cats wouldn’t pay her any attention when she messed up.

Finally getting there, she listened to Wolfhive’s instructions. Studiously, she watched the newest warrior’s example, hoping that it would give some better insight. He made it seem so easy! There was no way it was that simple, right? In the process of thinking, Redhawk scaled the tree seemingly with ease as well. How was everyone so good at this!? All of the other apprentices were so much larger than she was, having been apprenticed earlier, and seemed to be doing relatively well. Could she really do this?

While doing all of their overthinking, it seemed as though Redhawk noticed. Flinching at the question, they nodded slightly before making their way over to the Hornet. It seemed as though Redhawk was talking to Timberpaw. Was she also not able to figure it out? Maybe… maybe it was okay if they didn’t get it the first time then…?

Deciding it was time to properly face her fears, Swanpaw approached one of the practice trees hesitantly. She could do this! So what she was small? Or didn’t have a lot of experience with this? Her dad was a super cool warrior, and her mom too, surely if they could do it then she could too, right? Unsheathing her claws, she reached up and stretched forward with her forelegs, sinking them into the tree bark. Okay, so far so good. Next was actually getting up there. Swanpaw wiggled a little before jumping up and…

She fell. Right on her butt. As she landed, she bounced once before ending up sprawled on her back. Their attempt at copying Redhawk ended in complete and utter failure. She just laid there, far too embarrassed to even react. What could she do? Everyone just watched her fail miserably. Stars above, she wanted to cry. Maybe… maybe if they didn’t react at all, the others wouldn’t comment on it? Yes, that was it. They’d just lay right there and pretend they didn’t exist… Closing her eyes, she folded her paws across her chest and simply pretended to be dead. ’Please don’t look at me, please don’t look at me, please don’t look at me!’ she inwardly begged, squeezing her eyes tighter together. This was the worst ever! She’d brought dishonor upon her whole family. Mommy, Daddy, Elkpaw, Sunny, Brindlekit, ALL OF THEM. A shame, a disgrace, she’d never show her face again. Nope, how could she after that? She couldn’t climb a tree — in a clan of tree-climbers! Oh goodness, this was it. This was the end! She’d have to leave the clan, and change her name, and— oh no, she was crying now. Everyone was going to see how much of a baby she is and Bumblystar would send her back to the nursery! The thought of disgracing her parents further made her cry harder. Someone put her out of her misery. Please.

[Had to sneak this in before I got skipped over again @talle @vellichor for Timber mention @dino. In case you want Elk to make fun of her]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; March 17th, 2024 at 03:57 AM.