Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy View Post

Hushpaw
~<>~
15/100
9 moons || he/him || WindClan Apprentice
medium furred tom w/ black, grey and white fur; gold eyes

[dice dc: 12]

Flowers and prey, huh? Not too bad a place outside of, you know, the fact that they share this border with ThunderClan. He's about to say something more when he notices his mentor suddenly alert. At first, he thought cover had heard enemy warriors, but he quickly realizes that what cover must have found was prey, because clover turns to him with a grin and instructs him to try and catch it. A chance to prove how cool he is! Perfect!

[roll to catch: 11, 18]
As Hushpaw brings himself low to the ground, he steps forward once and twice, slowly drawing himself nearer to the critter shuffling around in the brush. Perhaps he was too rash, too eager, because he doesn't notice the stick under his paw until he'd already stepped on it. The loud SNAP causes the mouse to startle and start darting away. Well, that won't do!! Putting on a burst of speed, Hushpaw springs after it!

In as short as two bounds forward, his claws hook into the critter just before it tried to vanish down a rabbit hole. Just as quickly, the black and white apprentice brings his teeth down on the creature's neck, killing it swiftly and purring with delight. He sends a quick thanks to StarClan for the meal as he pads back toward his mentor, tail held high.

"How was that?!" He asks, delighted, after dropping his catch between the pair of them. "Am I the coolest, most skilled apprentice you've ever met or what? Hehe~"

cloverhoney
she/clover // 20 moons // windclan warrior

---

"Wow that was..."

The warrior stares at the young tom with a hard to read expression at first, in an attempt to keep him in suspense... Until clover can no longer handle it and breaks out in a huge grin.

"Amazing! Never doubted you for a second, Hushy! Nice work! Buuut there are definitely some things we gotta go over! Watch and learn, okay? I'm gonna give a demonstration!"

Now to show off her amazing hunting skills for real! Her long legs came in handy for moments like these-- tracking prey in such tall grass. It was easier to step over branches and maneuver through the underbrush with such graceful strides!

[ Honeyclover rolled a 14 to hunt prey. ]

Hunkering down amongst the grass, ears twitch and swivel until she again catches on to where prey is hiding amongst the foliage. Carefully she begins to move forward, staying low but lifting her feet high as to step over anything that may be in her path. As she moves, her gaze moves along the ground every so often to take note of what obstacles may be in her way while her nose and ears continued to track the mouse she was onto. It's in her sights after not too long and she freezes to observe before pouncing upon it. Her lift-off is a bit loud, alerting it to her movement, but it's far too late for it to run despite it's quick reflex. One killing bite is all it takes for her to return to Hushpaw with a plump mouse of her own dangling between her jaws.

"There! Now, I want you to tell me what you noticed different about how I did it! And then after that we can enjoy some breakfast together before heading toward Riverclan~"

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !