Thread: Croaking Swamp
View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2024, 02:32 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Croaking Swamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellichor View Post
•° Larkpaw °•
Shadow Fiend • Mind Reader

Yellowpaw appeared, then they were on their way. Lark trudged forward mindlessly, keeping her eyes on the ground at first but soon taking in the entire landscape. Woah. As they walked toward the "Croaking Swamp" she took in her surroundings. It seemed the territory was very... pine tree-y. As they kept walking, she found her paws getting stuck in the ground more and more. Lark made a face each time she lifted a paw and heard a wet sound as the mud released her. Ew. Oh, Stagskull was speaking. Lark blinked, wrinkling her nose as she felt the mud eating at her paws as she stood. But she wasn't gonna be a baby. She lifted her nose into the air and took in a deep breath, instinctively opening her mouth a bit as she did so. A warm, pleasant smell hit her and she found her mouth watering a bit. The large, fluffy cat turned her head back down and looked at Stagskull. "Smells like the prey pile." Hmm, that was a stupid answer. She tried smelling again, reaching into the depths of her memory. "Is it... frog? Or toad? Can't tell the difference," she grumbled that last part to herself. Lark looked toward Yellowpaw to see what the other apprentice had smelled.

// @ChaosBringer. @hades. \\
"Frogs and toads taste basically the same. Who cares? Yellowpaw grumbled. He just wanted to get back to camp and train or whatever. He knew all the hunting crap. "I smell something I don't think I recognize, but I'm guessing it's a salamander. Hawkbite said something about those on my territory tour."

Yellowpaw decided to find something. He crouched and started spying the place. There's a thing, he thought. It looked like some sort of high-jumping amphibian. He waited, taking tiny steps toward it. He could probably pounce now. He hit the prey with his forepaw, which killed it. "Got one,"
[ @ChaosBringer. ]

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3