View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2024, 08:36 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by zozelen View Post
Mousekit felt himself heat up under his fur. It was... good, Honeystep thought the feather looked nice on him, he supposed. "T-Thanks. ...So, how do I do it?" He mumbled, gesturing to the bedding she had brought in. Throughout his kithood apprentices and the occasional warrior would bring new moss in, though Mousekit wasn't paying much attention on how they carried it all. Especially with how he was, well. Smaller. "Do I put it in mouth?" Wouldn't that taste weird? Moss came from wet logs, and the dirt... but like Honeystep said, it was such a common apprentice chore he might as well get used to it now.

Honeystep
Kind ❀ Sweet ❀ Patient ❀ She/Her
“Sweetness can be found anywhere, you just need to look hard enough.”

"Well yes." Honeystep said with a soft smile. "You'll get used to the taste of moss and to move this large of a bundle around you have to use your teeth. Kicking it along might work but then you'll get the moss all dirty and that isn't very pleasant. Now watch me."

The honey scented cat unbundled the moss before she started to form a nice bed from the mass of moss. She fluffed up the moss before she pulled away an old nest and left it by the entrance to get rid of later. It smelt heavy of milk and looked raggedy. She then looked back to Mousekit with a soft smile. "Now make sure not to break up the moss too much or it might just fall all apart and not make much of a good nest." She said as she waited to watch the kit follow her instructions. Honeystep didn't want to do everything for the kit but it was hard to hold oneself back to let another take the time to learn.