View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2024, 03:36 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Springlight
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

The oriental-shaped feline hadn't been far when she overheard the commotion of what had occurred in the clearing. It wasn't often that such incidents occurred outside of the medicine den. Deaths were common in one's lifetime, as this was another cat to be stripped away of ThunderClan’s paws. Springlight had no clear idea what kind of cat Echoheart was, other than the fact that she was a clan-mate serving her clan as anyone would. A grimace surpassed her features as her ears angled to hear the commotion occurring little bits away from the den, voices nothing but a mixed blur to her ears. Her stomach felt as if it were twisting and turning as she heavily loathed the fact that there was so little information about how Echoheart died. It could've been from poison - that only brought a sickening feeling up her gut as it twisted and churned unnaturally. If cats were starting to succumb to illness once more due to poison being scattered inside ThunderClan territory once again, then she and Drizzlecloud were going to be dealing with the same consequences of what they had earlier from cats growing fatally ill from such a dire incident. The tip of her tricolored tail twitched uncomfortably, the herbalist eying the older medic leaving the den to go investigate the Echoheart situation.

With large ears twitching, Springlight marched toward the herb storage to snatch the required herbs for this twisted situation. Given that Drizzlecloud wasn’t currently here to assist Mudblaze at the moment, she needed to step in to help assist her patient with the distress that she was unwinding. Honestly, Springlight has seen too much of it. Too much death aggravates the mind and twists it into a mold where it can’t be undone; the trauma borne into it that couldn’t be undone. It permanently affects you and your mental consciousness, dragging you down into the depths of despair. A once vibrant glow of hope radiated in the skies now dulled and robbed of its vitality from the trauma of witnessing death. There was much more that Springlight could go on about, but there were many things that death did that permanently affected others, herself included. A low sigh expelled past her lips, her peripheral vision catching the herbs she acquired for Mudblaze as she reached a rounded paw into the indented pits to carefully grasp each herb she needed. One bloom of chamomile to ease Mudblaze’s mind, one juniper berry to lower her shock, and some lavender to help her relax.

It wasn’t a lot, but Springlight knew better than others that this would be what Mudblaze needed right now. After taking the acquired herbs and smelling the lavender, she would need to follow her instructions and try to keep herself calm and alert. It would be a flicker of resilience for the afflicted feline, a spark of determination to find a way through the brewing storm. It would be a slow, yet careful journey to help increase Mudblaze’s mental health, but it was better than leaving her cast in the shadows to suffer as she remained cloaked by the shroud of melancholy. The medicine cat carefully wrapped her jaws around the trio of herbal remedies and began to plod her way through the complex den, watching her step over the rushing stream within the den as she approached the form of Mudblaze, her deep blue eyes radiating warmth in greeting. “Hello… Mudblaze,” Springlight began, a mellow look crossing her features as she fully stepped into the lighter crevices of the medicine den. “I’m going… to be… assisting you… while… Drizzlecloud… investigates… the cause of… death… of Echoheart… I am… going to… be making… sure… that… you are… completely… safe… and fully… aware… of your… surroundings… alright?”

Springlight’s lips curled into a gentle smile behind the bundle of herbs that she held daintily in her jaws. There wasn’t much of a set of instructions that she was going to want her patient to do, but she was hoping that she would cooperate and take the herbs when she asked for her to take them. Placing both the herbs in front of Mudblaze, she pushed a forepaw in front of the molly as her blue eyes locked onto the other molly’s once more. “I… am going… to ask… for you… to eat these… and take… a sip… of water… from the… stream… to help… digest… the herbs… they will… help you… calm down… after… I will… have you… smell… some of… this lavender… to help… you relax… does this… sound alright… to you?” Springlight brushed a paw along the small blue-violet flowers that were placed between herself and her patient. She wasn’t the one to continue the process without any form of confirmation, so she would wait for Mudblaze to take the acquired herbs and smell the lavender flower as well. Then, they would begin to start working on techniques to make sure she was there with her mentally and not zoned out into the void.

[ -1 chamomile | -1 juniper berry ]

@Omari @Peril [extremely sorry for how late this is! haven't been mentally up to writing as of late ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; March 27th, 2024 at 03:51 PM.