View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2024, 02:26 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Bashful

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Mistyshard led her patrol to Sleepy Thicket, staying especially close to Berrypaw incase her apprentice felt unsure around the two new cats. There was a pretty chill look in her one amber eye; usually the patrols she was in returned in a timely manner and no one got lost. Hopefully that would be the case today. She turned her attention to Berrypaw to explain a little more about where they were headed, since they hadn’t done a territory tour yet.

“Wrenpaw if you need to listen in because you don’t know much ‘bout Sleepy Thicket feel free to,” she added to the other apprentice accompanying them and Pigeonpelt. “Sleepy Thicket is a patch of trees where RiverClan’s dead are buried, so it’s our graveyard. Some believe an old legend saying a headless spirit wanders in these woods, wanting to reclaim his lost soul.” Tears almost spilled out of her one orb as she remembered who had told her this story. Stormtalon.

He’d felt like a father and the best mentor she could have wished for before he died. He was also the first cat she had ever lost before they all started dying or disappearing… She bit back the emotions and let out a small sigh, then continued. “It’s a good place for hunting as well if you’re brave enough to come here. But honestly? I don’t believe the story of the ‘headless spirit’. Nonsense if you ask me. Been here countless time and it’s just a normal patch of territory.”

She let out a teasing purr. Soon, they arrived at the thicket, trees looming over them. Small rays of sun broke through the woods. Mistyshard turned to her three patrolmates and tipped her head slightly. “Technically, we split up here. If anyone wants to stick with me feel free to, I don’t mind either way.” She gave all of them a nod, then trotted off in the search for yellow bells and daisy.

[ @Blazing @Neptune. @SentimentalSquid ]

Berrypaw trotted alongside Mistyshard, making a point to stay close to her. She was grateful that her mentor seemed to have the same idea.

As they went along, Berrypaw listened in anxious curiosity as her mentor spoke of a graveyard and... spirits? The fur along Berrypaw's neck rose a little bit but she tried to play it off, not wanting her mentor to see her fear. Despite that, she couldn't help but murmur in shock, "A headless spirit? Stars above...!"

If her mentor was sure it was nonsense, it must be. She'd been here so many times, she'd ought to have seen the spirit by now if it were true. But the apprentice still couldn't shake that eerie feeling entirely away.

When they arrived, Berrypaw was slightly panting, still finding it hard to keep up with long-legged warriors. Her soft paw pads felt bruised and pained as they got used to trekking around uneven territory, nothing like the soft grass and sand back at camp. She took a few deep breaths as quietly as possible, not wanting the others to be aware of her efforts.

When Mistyshard started to walk off, instinctively Berrypaw stuck right behind her. "I'll come with you!" She squeaked. That Wrenpaw's attitude unnerved her a bit, and she didn't really want to mess around with that other apprentice. Besides, if she were with Mistyshard, even that headless spirit wouldn't scare her as much. Her mentor seemed brave enough to handle anything!

These yellowish flowers here... could that be what her mentor had mentioned? She stuck her nose in some plants, immediately sneezing as the potent scent went straight up her nostrils.

[Roll d20 = 3. Fail]
Nope, not a thing. The plants were all wilted and dead anyway, killed by leaf-bare's frost. Grumbling, Berrypaw looked around a tree stump for another clump.

[Roll d20 = 14. Success]
The apprentice nipped some flowers, bringing them over to her mentor. "Is this the right thing?" She mewed with a mouth full.

[+2 yellowbell]

(( berry's little thoughts are so cute i love her ))

/ @starry @Blazing @Neptune.

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Last edited by squidz; April 3rd, 2024 at 02:27 PM.