View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2024, 04:29 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

She/Her | Purrks Overlook

Sitting in the dark of the Medicine Den, Lostspark realized while shuffling through herbs that she'd... missed something during her training session with Mossfreckle. Ah, yikes. She ought to note those down for him soon. Or, well, better yet, why not now?

Lifting her head, the amber-eyed feline sought her apprentice's form in the den's interior. "Mossfreckle," she called once she'd spotted him, and then gestured him over with a slender paw. "Come over here, please." Once he was at her side, Lostspark pushed the bundle of herbs she'd been sorting back into their respective spots. "I realized I missed a couple things when going over herbs and their uses with you."

That said, Lostspark launched into a medical spiel. "I forgot to mention mallow to you. When juniper berries cannot be found, there are mallow leaves. While obviously less palatable, it’ll do the same job. They’re generally found in clusters of long stems with round, wavy leaves at the end. During newleaf to leaffall you can also find them with purple flowers."

"With spring now in full bloom, this is a topic that'll make an appearance more; Pregnancy. Pregnancy is a bit difficult to diagnose, but not impossible. It’ll mostly be by a process of elimination. I myself am aware of some of the more personal signs but everybody experiences things a bit differently. We’ll be looking for nausea, sleeplessness, restlessness, lethargy, swellings, bloating, gassiness, personality shifts, increased or sometimes decreased appetite, among some less common others. You’ll notice that not every pregnant cat has all of the signs so a queen that comes with nausea and bloating it can be easily misdiagnosed as a belly ache. So you’ll have to rule other causes out in order to confirm pregnancy and even then it’s not necessarily confirmed until the kits are big enough that you can prod to feel the heads."

[ @Fawn<3 - Mossfreckle ]

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.