Thread: Sleepy Thicket
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2024, 12:02 AM
Help me

Bump Policy: 1 week if my mood is busy, 4 days if not, 2 days if time sensitive. If i'm on hiatus, do not bump me
My Mood: Busy

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

OX Emberfang XO
Riverclan warrior | He/she/they | Shadow Fiend [Inactive], Beefed up T1 [Inactive]

[Rolled 1 - Fail (very)]
BRO
Emberfang stalked a squirrel through the bushes, his eyes locked onto the thing. And, then right as he was about to take he leap and kill it, a tree branch fell near the warrior, scaring of the squirrel. And probably every other prey in the area. A scowl made it's way onto his face. His luck is disgustingly low right now. He needs to find another one. Soon.

[Rolled 16 - success]

2 times had he lost some prey, and now he had to make up for it. Waste of time, waste of energy. Had he known that tree branch was going to crack, he would've moved his spot and- what was that? His eyes locked on what seems like an rat coming out of a burrow. This was a chance. He crouched low, watching as the rat emerges from it's home. And he waited until the rat had come out of the burrow fully. Far enough so it can't hide. And then he strikes, and he caught it right before it goes back it. Hm..if there's one rat in there...would there be another..? If the rat's smart it'll stay in there...so maybe if there is one it won't come out. It doesn't seem like there could be any though.

[Rolled 19 - success]
1 vole, 1 rat. He can't come back with just two, but he had a feeling he was already spending a lot of time here. Maybe he could find just one more. But...if he was taking too long...then maybe that won't set up a good image of him...ah, why is this so hard? He just needs to get lucky one more time. And so he focuses again, slowly walking through the bushes and trees. Trying to repeat the process again. He did hear something move on the ground though...something hopefully near. The noises stopped, but he tried to remember where it came from. His left, hopefully. He stopped moving once he sees it. Ahah! His guess was correct. He broke the silence, leaping forward and biting down on it. He didn't even wait. He didn't even know what it was he was going after. Once it went limp he took a moment to actually know what it was. Another...rat? A small one...wait no it's just a mice.
[Remaining Attempts: 0]

------cough cough, the part below this line isn't important to the patrol------

Right...so he should be finish...he did tell himself that was the last one...urgh..fine, he was already getting tired anyway. Not that much, but it counts. Maybe he could go back to the clearing and just try to seek out Jayfrost after this. Wonder what the guy is doing. Though he doesn't want to see him talking to Garlicfeather of all cats in the clans. Thinking about that already makes him sick. They're not even mates anymore but why are they still talking? He didn't like seeing it. Oh right, the patrol. Jeez, why does Garlicfeather have to distract him so much? Ember should be the one talking to him, not Garlicfeather! C'mon, what did he do?

He walked back to where the patrol was supposed to meet up again, carrying the prey he caught. The warrior was not seeing Minnowsplash yet. Does this mean he still had time to hunt? Dammit! Well, it's too late to go back now, so he might as well be the one waiting. He sat down, looking out for the tom.

[ @Littlesun0112 @/Myling ]

groareroraqreoroar - dino
ghostie wuz herez

Last edited by Minkuu; April 12th, 2024 at 12:05 AM.