Thread: April Gathering
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2024, 02:48 PM
Oat milk drinker

Default Re: April Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentimentalSquid View Post

Briarsplash's ears twitched as Badgerear... laughed? She'd expected that he'd return her venomous words, but he hadn't. He seemed to brush it off and then keep going. She pondered this for a moment before snorting and briskly shaking her head in response to his words. At least they could agree on one thing — fighting seemed necessary nowadays, and everyone had to do it. Fair and square.

"All we can do is act in the best interest of our Clan," she stated fiercely, nodding once. "Even if it makes us fight every moon, it's worth it. I don't care if it means I'd have to battle 'till I die against any of you. If we don't have loyalty to the Clan that raised us, fed us, trained us... what do we have? Nothin'. Isn't that all your warrior code is supposed to talk about?"

Then she bit her tongue. She had slipped and said 'your' warrior code. This cat didn't need to know she'd been brought in as an outsider, barely old enough and starving, pregnant with a kitten. He didn't deserve to have the faintest idea in her mind. She'd done nothing but try to prove her ShadowClan loyalty since that day, swearing by her life to service them in gratitude for saving her. But maybe he wouldn't notice her blunder — maybe he would think she was just using the corporate 'you', referring to all the Clans.

Regardless, she fluffed out her fur and inhaled, calming herself down. The reasonable part of her wanted to meet him where he was at — it was somewhat interesting talking to a cat from another Clan, after all. But the bigger part of her still felt a tingle of rage simply for the ThunderClan scent that clung to his pelt. Perhaps he'd notice her hesitation, perhaps not.

/ @Maybi [badgerear is so kind, i love him already ]
Badgerear was glad that Brairsplash agreed with what he said. He didn't always say the right thing. He didn't even notice Brairsplash's slip up with mentioning your warrior code instead of ours, not being the type of cat to over analyze anything.

"I'm not much a fighter to be honest." He admitted to her. Despite his size, and he was large, he often preferred to talk things out or find other ways to deal with conflict. "But I would do what's necessary for my clan as you would with yours. But the warrior code is more than fighting. Like the truce for tonight is about peace." He looked up at the full moon, happy that his warrior ancestors were looking down on them all right now. He looked around at all the cats inter mingling, wishing the clans had more nights like this.

"It looks like Windclan has finally decided to join us." He mewed, wondering if he should find some Windclan cats to talk to too. He liked talking to this she cat, even if she was prickly but Badgerear couldn't tell if he was forcing her to continue this conversation or not.

(Thank you, he's based off my own cat who I swear is a Buddhist monk reincarnated into a cat)

Last edited by Maybi; April 12th, 2024 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Fixed something