View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2017, 10:46 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBandits View Post
Burstpaw tilted his head, but understood what his mentor was saying. So I need to start the spin earlier. That makes sense. "A one eighty degree turn... Ok then." He could understand what Flamingarrow wanted him to do, but it seemed harder than his mentor had given it to be. He'd tried to start the flip as early as possible, but apparently that wasn't enough. I'll just have to try harder, I guess. Try and rotate as I'm pushing off, like he'd said. The apprentice was more nervous now than before, for he really didn't want to hurt himself again. Though he hadn't shown it much, his most recent fall had actually really pained him, and that was definitely something he didnt want to repeat.

Burstpaw again backed up, then crouched down. He put an immense amount of focus into his leap, doing his best to calculate how it would turn out. I have to get the flip, yes, but there's also the landing and other variables... He shook his head, clearing his thoughts. With that attitude, he'd get nowhere. Without giving himself another moment to discourage himself, the orange tom flung his body up into the air, immediately trying to do a one eighty turn. It seemed to he working, for already he'd gotten farther through the rotation than last time, and his spirits soared. I'm doing it! Hooray!

But his victory was short-lived. Now, Burstpaw had gotten the turning correctly, throwing out his paws at the right time and such, but he'd been so wrapped up in the turning part that he'd forgotten he had to land. Suddenly the ground was upon him, and by the time he realized he didn't know how to land properly, it was too late. This fall wasn't as bad as the one before, as he'd ended up on his paws, bit none of the shock was absorbed. He squinted his eyes as pain flourished throughout his body, only opening them again when it had mostly died down. "Ta-Da," He said, managing a weak smile.
Flamingarrow watched. Burstpaw had started off so good, a good start, perfect spin. Good with his attacks as well. Everything was good until splat. Burstpaw was standing rather shaken, Flamingarrow could tell. The squinted eyes, the slightly hunched posture. He had felt some pain on that one. He gave a disapproving frown as he watched his slowly shove away the pain. "Alright time for my plan." He said in a defiant tone. He flicked his tail high above his head and trotted out of the den. After a few moments of being absent he returned, loads of moss piled in his mouth and under his chin. He scattered it around and made enough for a soft landing pad. "Now, when you do your turns and flips, aim for the moss. It will cushion your fall and landing both. That is, if you want to continue today." He said rather hesitantly, his green hues checking over the apprentice's frame again.
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~