Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspiciousMindz View Post

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty

Hawkbite watched quietly as Silkkit got comfortable with him and even started to eat the prey he offered. That was a good sign. He was headed in the right direction with the young feline! Mothkit was easy to befriend, but he wasn't too sure about this one and he hadn't seen Glowingpaw around in a while. Honestly, he hadn't even seen Vulturefang since he stepped down. Perhaps that fleabag ran off? Whatever. His loss.

"I'm best friends with your mother. I learned about you before you were even born," Hawkbite teased lightly, bringing his tongue over his whiskers to clean them. "And Mothkit is more interested in stories I have to tell than chatting about you or her friends," he chuckled lightly. He loved the little feline. Although, she was another face he was seeing less and less of. He hoped she was okay.

"You look. . . just like your mom," he would muse softly, his green gaze softening a bit as he studied the young cat. "I'm excited to see how you do as an apprentice. I'm sure that ceremony is coming up, isn't it?"

@Abyssopelagic - Silkkit

The little man had been carefully chewing on one of the squirrel's paws, enjoying the feeling of his teeth needling into the chewy flesh more than he was with actually eating it when Hawkbite next spoke. The mention of his mother soured his stomach, and he stopped his happy chewings, his tongue briefly poking from between his lips, licking his chin quickly before it once again hid in his maw.
He stared at the ground between his paws.

Sometimes.... Sometimes he thought he remembered her, his mother.
The memories were always fuzzy, and never came when he was trying to remember her. Only when it hurt him the most, missed her the most.
But if he tried to focus, even for a split second, the flickers of memory would slip away from him, leaving him empty. It was like trying to grasp water in his paws, futile.
He sat in silence for a bit, letting his emotions roll within him while he contemplated whether or not he wanted to risk having another breakdown. He wanted to know more about his mother, he really did, but he also didn't want to get his hopes up if she really had abandoned him. Some cats insist she hadn't, others wouldn't have been surprised if she had. But no one ever talked about her at length. Now that he was old enough to notice the frequency of disappearances, of cats simply leaving and never returning for reasons he could never understand, he knew why her leaving hadn't impacted anyone.
It was normal, common even.
And no one cared anymore, not when it wasn't their family. Sometimes even when it was.
And that scared him, really.

Silkkit breathed slowly, and turned over each thought in his head carefully and meticulously. He was silent for what was likely an uncomfortable amount of time before he looked back up to Hawkbite, shiny eyes more watery than usual.
Yes, he decided. He wanted to know.
"..... What was my momma like?"
It hardly registered that he'd been asked another question, that his apprentice ceremony had been brought up.
He didn't want to talk about that right now. He'd always have time to talk about that, he wouldn't always have someone who could, who would talk about his momma.
For the sake of not being rude, he let his ears droop. His answer was much to be desired, but it was a response.
"I guess. I.... Wanted to gain some skills before I went into being an apprentice, but.... Everyone who was supposed to teach me hasn't really scheduled when we would be doing those."

But that wasn't a topic he wanted to focus on, immediately he tried to think of a way to bring it back to his mother, tried to find some subtle route to reel it back in. In the end, his desire to know got the best of him.
He perked up, once again looked Hawkbite, dear brown stripey, in the eyes again.
"No one talks about her. Not with me, and not in passing when I try to eavesdrop. I want to know about my mom."
He chewed his lip, thinking.
"Sometimes I think I remember her, but... It's brief... The thought always escapes me before I can understand."
Please, please, please tell me, he wanted to beg.
Please don't turn me away.
Please don't tell me I'm too young for this talk.
Please don't tell me she wasn't important enough to bother remembering.

Please....

[ @SuspiciousMindz ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.