View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2024, 01:13 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Outsider Joining

]Dusklion - RiverClan Head Lionheart
She/her | 27 moons | Go with the Flow, Beefed Up T3, Rapid Recovery, Shadow Fiend
There was so much change happening lately. Her brother's ascension to leadership, Mists being moved into the medicine cat role, a Lionheart team to bring together. Dusklion found herself needing time to think, so with the early morning light she had set out into the territory. Patrolling Smallpines had been first on her list, followed by Sedgewater Valley. She had slowed more at that one, turning away quicker than anticipated when the guilt started to pick at her heart like a scavenging crow.

She would make sure the outskirts borders were secured and then see about hunting. As she drew closer though the familiar scent of outsider hit her nose and immediately her claws slid out and her hackles rose. In her mind her brother, half-dead, flashed through her mind. The scent wasn't moving, and there weren't many sounds - which meant that whoever it belonged to wasn't moving. Dusklion rolled her shoulders back and readied herself for a kill.

Coming around a patch of shrubbery though... oh. This cat was not a threat, what with this odd... balancing act happening. Dusklion padded closer, peering down at the stranger with mild curiosity. She didn't appear to notice her, until she swung back down onto her paws and crashed right into her. The dark tabby let out a mild yelp of surprise and scrambled back, watching with raised brows as the cat righted themselves and hopped back over the border.

Melody. "Dusklion," she grunted, figuring it best to exchange names. So this was the cat Fades and Birdsnow had run into that day? She'd overheard some of the details regarding the incident - and of course context clues from the meeting Birdsnow had held. Her head tilted to the side with one brow quirking. So this was the terrible and dangerous outsider? Huh. And she brought gifts. Dusk's eyes shifted to the worse-for-wear looking flowers.

Dusklion parted her jaws to speak, looking back up from the flowers to the nervously shuffling paws, then back up to Melody, but found that the outsider was speaking more. ...Pretty? Teeth snapping together in shock, all the head Lionheart could do was stare as this stranger called her pretty. And then asked if it made her happy. "I don't-" she began, a bit flustered, but stopped as Melody continued, this time asking about being... friends? She wanted to be friends with every cat in RiverClan? The mere thought made Dusk want to chuckle. They didn't have a lot of cats like that in the Clan - well, besides the younger cats probably. Eaglepaw, perhaps, or even Stickpaw.

After a bit, and waiting just incase Melody had anything else she wished to say, Dusklion cleared her throat. "You want to join RiverClan?" For the life of her, the head Lionheart couldn't imagine the cat before her surviving even one night. But there was something to say for the commitment. Birdsnow had told her a moon ago to wait at the border if she wanted to join, and here she was. "...We've had a lot of trouble with outsiders lately. Couple of them nearly killed my brother. You don't look like trouble," she continued with a wary voice, glancing at the flowers then back up at Melody, "but that's not sure thing." Dusklion's eyes narrowed. "How old are you?" She had to be young, right? She was bigger than Dusk - which wasn't too hard to do since every cat sort of was, at least taller.

[ Melody - @Rose ]
[ the post is perfect! idt dusk would've considered melody a threat which is why i had her not attack teehee ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |