View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2024, 05:03 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: WindClan Galewood

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN - AMAB HE/HIM - BEEFED UP TIER 1 ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Character bio can be read here.

Thankfully, Littleshock started speaking not long after Wolffang arrived at Fallownose's body. He wasn't sure if he would've been able to wait another heartbeat. Two words circled in his mind like a hound chasing a hare, rising above the deafening roar of blood in his ear and the thump of his horrified heart. What happened? What happened? The bitter taste of bile began to rise in the back of his throat. Fallownose's wide, staring eyes, the fatal wound marring his decimated figure... it wasn't right. None of this should've happened, he thought, nausea and anger threatening to consume him.

But the words persisted, forcing him to fixate on Littleshock's miniscule orange-and-white figure. The sunlight made her glow like an ethereal being.

What happened? What happened?

Her voice cut through his thoughts like a freshly sharpened claw.

Fleckstorm. Looking for Fleckstorm. For a heartbeat, Wolffang thought Fallownose had been looking for Fleckstorm, then realized Littleshock had said "I." Not "he." Wolffang's paws began to tingle with impatience. His relief at Littleshock's voice began to ebb. He didn't want to know what she had been doing there. He wanted to know what had happened! Who was Fleckstorm, anyway? Hadn't they gone missing a while ago?

Right, they were Littleshock's sibling. Not important...

What happened? What happened?

Voices. Littleshock had heard voices and hid. A RiverClan patrol. His hackles began to rise. Why would Littleshock hide? She should've been there to protect Fallownose! Unless... unless Fallownose hadn't been there yet and she'd intended to eavesdrop? So many unanswered questions...

...that were answered less than a second later, as Littleshock hadn't stopped talking.

Time seemed slow. Too slow. Wolffang was like a skilled hunter, pouncing on each piece of information as if it were a bit of prey and chewing it to bits to extract the flavor of its information.

Fallownose had been on the WindClan side. Talking to someone. Why?

A secret romance?

Fury exploded in Wolffang, a bolt of lightning that inflamed the dry grass around it and sent heat shooting through his body. Every muscle went rigid to the point of snapping. His claws dug gouges in the earth. A deep-throated growl of pure rage exploded from his chest.

How dare Littleshock talk about Fallownose like that? With his body still here, his spirit fresh in the stars?

He would never do such a thing! He was one of the most loyal cats I knew, and he hated RiverClan with all his heart. Littleshock was crazy. That's what I remember her from, he thought ferociously. Trying to initiate a hunting game for Cowtuft. If anyone in the Clan believed her lies...

Despite his growling, he managed to hear the tiny she-cat's next words. The RiverClan cat had killed him. Littleshock hadn't pursued. Rationally, he knew that was a good idea, but grief and desperation provoked him. She should've hunted them down. She should've made them pay. There are problems already. But, if someone as ruthless as Littleshock had held back... she must've had a good reason.

And, as much as he hated to admit it, she was speaking sense again. RiverClan had to pay. With blood.

Wolffang opened his mouth to say something, but there were too many voices, so he shut his jaws. He needed to know what they were saying. Were they dishonoring Fallownose's memory? His claws continued to ravage the ground beneath him, churning the ferns and grass into green paste.

Swiftfire spoke first. Wolffang glanced at her, surprised that she didn't acknowledge such a horrific accusation, but... she spoke well. We need to avenge Fallownose. But WindClan needed to get rid of one problem at a time. We'd better get those minks quick, he thought, a fresh wave of determination sweeping through him like a warm wind. I'll volunteer to fight them myself. The faster they were gone, the faster RiverClan could pay for everything they'd done.

An apprentice, Rabbitpaw, was asking why Fallownose had been alone outside and how RiverClan had known. It seemed a nonsensical question. They weren't waiting for him to be alone. Fallownose was talking to one cat - arguing, perhaps - and they killed him. A choked growl rose in his throat at those words. Killed him. A noble cat gone too soon, far too soon. And getting rumors spread about him.

No, Wolffang did not like Littleshock.

Honeymew was accusing Littleshock of not scenting Fallownose. As much as he didn't like the orange-and-white tabby, Wolffang thought that, once again, the statement was ridiculous. She heard voices first. Besides, RiverClan scent is strong. It would've masked Fallownose's scent easily. Then Spottedpaw tried to talk everyone into peace. Peace? Peace?! When they've done this to us?! A fool's hope and not the mindset of a true warrior. Hopefully, her mentor would knock some sense into her. Wolffang opened his jaws to protest - but some other cat beat him to it. Rabbitpaw, who was actually speaking sense this time. Was Wolffang slow, his mind muddled by grief and rage? Maybe. But the desire to enact revenge on RiverClan for this heinous act and his desire to defend the deputy's - former deputy's - reputation were clearer than a crystal pool.

An angry mew from Lightningstorm caught the dappled gray tom's attention. She was berating Littleshock. Every word from the medicine cat's mouth was more refreshing than a cool breeze on a scalding day. A High Rank's defending him. Good. I hope our Clanmates are as sensible as Lightningstorm. Many were bound to be... but others would eagerly get their claws on some juicy gossip. Just like Rosebriar and Featherwhisker would've. Newfound revulsion almost made him gag. He dipped his head with the utmost respect at Lightningstorm, then made a point of nodding emphatically at her words. He couldn't stop his gaze from drifting back to Fallownose.

Seeing the corpse opened a new wound in Wolffang's soul. With how many times he'd looked at it, he must be bleeding out. Crowtooth's words barely touched his ear, and he nodded vaguely at the tunneller. He suddenly felt... exhausted. Very. Tired of how callous his Clanmates could be. Tired of the disrespect that ran rampant. Tired from the grief that had provided him a hit of fuel before it decided to suck all his energy out. His tipless tail drooped; so did his head, until his chin was lost in his chest fluff. A burning sensation began in the corners of his eyes.

Twilightstar's voice gradually brought him out of the depths. Hearing his beloved leader speak was like a ray of light, an insistence that the situation wasn't okay, but it was better because she was here. Yet he could feel her grief. It was palpable, diluting the air around her and choking her regal voice. Wolffang tore his gaze away from the limp, dark-gray-and-white figure on the crowd and transferred it to the breathing lilac-gray she-cat. He stared at her as she spoke - drained but not uncomprehending.

She didn't outright deny the accusation, but her tone said it all. She doesn't believe it. Wolffang wished she'd say something, but... well, that was out of his control. And she was shutting down all rumors and speculation because, in the grand scheme of things, they didn't matter. They do! He needs to be honored! Wolffang thought. But he didn't dare say it. And the rest of her words...

They settled within him in a way words couldn't describe. He'd seen Twilightstar during that peaceful phase, trying to break the cycle. But choosing not to fight only meant more pain. It only meant getting walked over and abused by the other Clans. Slowly, some strength began to drain back into Wolffang's paws. He lifted his head. His muscles rolled beneath his thick pelt as he adjusted his posture.

One cat's actions reflect the entire Clan. Wolffang found himself nodding once again. Where had his voice gone? He was desperate to speak, yet exhaustion closed his pipes, and every word grated on invisible pebbles and was shredded before it could leave.

But Twilightstar was right. RiverClan would pay many times over.

Some cats were pressing for more answers. More cats were mourning. Wolffang's heart cracked as he saw Firestorm approach Fallownose and whisper some words to him. Her pale orange pelt glowed in the sun, once so promising and now so... so... He wasn't sure. Not cheerful. Not a promise of good things to come. But perhaps this was Fallownose's last gift to WindClan. A clear, sunny day.

Deadmoon was talking now. Wolffang blinked. He'd hardly noticed his sister among the crowd. Whatever invisible thread that had kept him beside Fallownose's body broke, and he found himself besides Deadmoon before he could even think. He leaned forward with the intent of touching his pinkish-gray nose against her brown tabby fur. He was sure he needed comfort. And... StarClan. He needed comfort, something he couldn't yet receive without spilling fish-scented blood.

Then... out of the corner of his eye... he spotted a shimmer.

Wolffang whirled toward it. A gasp escaped him.

It was Blazingstar.

The leader of WindClan when he'd been born.

The orange tabby tom stood over Fallownose, his faint, starry figure contrasting so against the dead deputy's dark fur. Yet it felt... right. To have StarClan mourning such a wonderful cat. Such a loyal and dedicated deputy. The one WindClan had needed. The one who should've been leader.

Was this destiny, he wondered? Or did StarClan not control everything? Wolffang flashed back to his death. He'd been sent back because his death hadn't been supposed to happen. Will they send Fallownose back? he wondered. For a moment, the wild hope rampaged through him.

Then it faded.

Along with Blazingstar's image.

But he'd caught a glimpse of the old leader with Twilightstar, their three eyes shining with grief.

Something felt certain.

He's not coming back.

All around him, his Clanmates had stirred, staring at the spot where Blazingstar had been. Sorrow and grief - but a sense of wonder so deep it ran through him like blood - filled Wolffang's very being. He dipped his head to the spot where Blazingstar had been. Fallownose was truly special. Please look after him in StarClan. And watch over us. We will prove WindClan's worth.

Several moments passed. Then, making up his mind, Wolffang tentatively approached Twilightstar. He hoped it wasn't too soon. She had wanted to be left alone. But, he figured...

"You didn't deserve to lose another deputy," he murmured, his voice hoarse. "I'll leave you in peace to mourn, but, if you ever need anything... I'll be here for you. I swear it."

(I thought it would be best to mention everyone Wolffang reacted to in this post even if he didn't speak to them directly!) @Moonraven [Twilightstar] @Poprock [Littleshock] @Tiabirb [Swiftfire] @Dolomedes [Rabbitpaw] @SeonghwasBunnyEars [Honeymew] @Fish [Spottedpaw] @Alchemist Kitsune [Lightningstorm] @Rani [Crowtooth] @Dark [Firestorm] @gs29513 [Deadmoon] @SuspiciousMindz [Blazingstar]

Character Creator!

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; April 16th, 2024 at 05:04 PM.