View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2017, 07:47 AM
a lonely nobody

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
Flamingarrow watched. Burstpaw had started off so good, a good start, perfect spin. Good with his attacks as well. Everything was good until splat. Burstpaw was standing rather shaken, Flamingarrow could tell. The squinted eyes, the slightly hunched posture. He had felt some pain on that one. He gave a disapproving frown as he watched his slowly shove away the pain. "Alright time for my plan." He said in a defiant tone. He flicked his tail high above his head and trotted out of the den. After a few moments of being absent he returned, loads of moss piled in his mouth and under his chin. He scattered it around and made enough for a soft landing pad. "Now, when you do your turns and flips, aim for the moss. It will cushion your fall and landing both. That is, if you want to continue today." He said rather hesitantly, his green hues checking over the apprentice's frame again.
Burstpaw was in pain, he couldn't deny it, but he wanted to continue the lesson. I'm so close! And now that the moss is here, I probably won't get hurt! He liked the idea of cushioning his fall; he knew he'd probably screw up another landing soon, and with the green below him, he'd be a lot safer. "Yes, I still want to continue!" He said in his own defiant tone, looking Flamingarrow straight in the eye. As long as I don't miss the moss, I'll be fine. If I do... I'm sure how I'll be able to get up.

Burstpaw crouched down for the third time, looking straight at the moss. He was going to aim just above it, so that way his landing would be on the pallet no matter what. He prepared for the leap, eyes never leaving his target and his back legs bursting with energy. Just pretend that moss is an enemy warrior, trying to get at the nursery. With that motivation, he suddenly leaped into the air, immediately turning 180 degrees. The sane thing as last time happened; he actually completed the rotation. Smiling, he stick out his claws as if to attack someone, but claws sheathed. Haha!

This time, though, he wasn't as wrapped up in the moment, and remembered he had to land. Burstpaw struggled to come up with a landing strategy as the ground grew closer and closer. Uh... Just land like you would for a different move! And since that was all he could cons up with, that's what he did. He spread out his paws, making sure his body was right side up, and hit the moss without a sound. He stumbled backwards from the shock, but it really hadn't hurt. Hey! I kinda did it! He glanced back at his mentor, still grinning. "I kinda did it," He meowed, searching for approval in his mentor's gaze.

Profile picture by the wonderous Ever!