View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2024, 11:03 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Question Re: Cracklepaw

Mapleface
She/Her | Dark Forest; Former ThunderClanner

Mapleface... was likely not supposed to be here. And yet, she could not stay away. Tears brimmed in emerald green eyes as the former ThunderClanner lingered in the shadows, her gaze fixated on the one cat who'd been her entire world for so long. Crackles. Her brother. Her son. Both, and neither at the same time. Her kin. Hers to take care of, hers to look after. Had she pushed him too far? Been so overbearing that... that he wanted to be rid of her?

But no, she would not think ill of him. She would be happy for him to be rid of this place, rid of her presence - but not entirely. Mapleface would never stop watching over him. This time, it would be from a distance, because she knew, knew that returning back to the land of the living would never be in the cards for her.

So her unshed, remorse-filled tears dried, and a wobbly smile took over, aimed at Cracklepaw. He would always be her little brother, and she would love him forevermore. A sister turned mother. Mapleface had relished being needed, and now... now she was no longer even that. There was no reason to taint his new life - yes, Mapleface stayed until he received two yes-es - with her presence so soon.

But she would not deny him one last farewell. Or, more accurately, Mapleface could not bear let him leave without a goodbye. So she caught his gaze from her perch a little ways away, far away enough just to observe and not actually seem like a Council cat, and lifted her paw in a silent greeting. The Red Queen's green eyes crinkled at the corners as she smiled fuller. And then she gave in to the impulse of mouthing a 'Goodbye, I love you', whether he saw it or not.

[ @elaif - Crackles ]

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.