Old April 21st, 2024, 09:14 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Sunkissed Creek

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty

It was perfect timing. Just as Midnightpaw had answered him, Hawkbite caught sight of the duo of foxes prowling the area. They hadn't noticed them yet, but they approached the creek to steal a drink. It was a mother and what appeared to be a younger adult, perhaps her kit.

Gesturing to the pair, he stole a glance at Midnightpaw and Moonmeadow. There was a knowing look in his gaze; they were definitely going to be fighting these foxes.

"Moonmeadow, we're going to either chase them off or kill them, no questions asked," Hawkbite spoke hushed, but stern. His gaze shot to the warrior, filled with warning. "I need to be able to rely on you to distract or chase off the bigger adult. I'm going to train Midnightpaw how to properly fight a fox today," Hawkbite finally revealed his plans for this patrol.

His gaze shot to Midnightpaw now. "You and I will attack the smaller of the two. I'll make sure you don't get hurt, but you need to go into this fight prepared, are you ready for that?" he inquired. Giving Midnightpaw time to accept, he'd crouch down into his battle position and focus his gaze on the duo. The foxes still hadn't noticed them, they were distracted by the splashing of the water against the creekside.

"Foxes move quickly, but their only real weapon are their jaws. Avoid those teeth at any cost. Move quicker and stay to their side or behind them. Approaching them head-on is a fatal mistake, I've seen it one too many times," Hawkbite spoke, still hushed. The instructions were aimed at Midnightpaw, prepping her for what's to come. "Their weak spots are their legs, specifically their ankles. You can also get onto their backs, but stay close to their neck so they can't whip around and bite you. The quickest way to kill them is a bite to their throat, hold on until it collapses from lack of air, or to inflict many wounds to the neck so they bleed out."

Hawkbite began creeping forward, gesturing for the patrol to follow his lead. Moonmeadow had her instructions, but Hawkbite had a plan. "Moonmeadow, I need you to get the adults attention and I'll fly in and grab the smaller one's attention," the Commander spoke, his eyes never leaving the target.

"Ready when you are."

@Omari - Midnightpaw | @Dolomedes - Moonmeadow

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL