View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2024, 10:09 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Something Broken [p]

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 27 moons | active purrks

Once it was clear that this was a story of interest to Wings, Dusklion immediately perked up. Whenever she got to recount the tales told to her over and over (much to his displeasure) by the brown-furred warrior who'd helped her with her training long ago - Otter... something - the dark tabby became ecstatic. "They are! He was... ferocious. A formidable cat 'n even better leader. He brought around a lot of the changes you see in the Clan today. Events, a sense of community. He raised us up 'n made us feared 'n respected throughout the forest! A big fan of dramatics, from what I've heard, but all great leaders are in my opinion. He had this flare about him, 'n always drove RiverClan to great success."

Pondering back on the stories she'd been told, Dusk settled on one that seemed inspiring. "Seasons ago, when WindClan was havin' trouble with some mangy coyotes on their territory. Real nasty mutts - bigger than you 'n me combined, 'n have a way with their snarly teeth. Dark, beady eyes too. Can stare straight into your soul." As if to emphasize this Dusk widened her own blue eyes as she stared at Wings, then grinned as she looked forward to continue the story. "He led us valiantly into battle; took those who stood for RiverClan 'n led them right to WindClan's camp! Rippin' 'n tearin' his way through, we managed to successfully help those moor runners drive the beasts back - Lions even manage to bring one of the mutts back to camp for the prey pile!" Stars, that would've been a sight to see. Dusk was full on grinning now, tail lashing excitedly behind her. "Some even say he kept the coyotes skull in his den!" This part was said more as an excited whisper, Dusk glancing this way and that as if it was a secret shared between her and Wings.

As her story started to wind down and Wings took a seat, Dusklion racked her brain for any other stories she could tell. There was the battle one, and some gathering stories perhaps, and - was Wings digging? Curiously the head Lionheart padded closer to observe. "Whatdya find, Wings?" she asked, peering at the dirt. There was something shiny. Suddenly though Wings seemed to recognize this and tugged the rest of it out of the ground. "Woah there, kid, easy-" she started to say, but was cut off as she caught the faintest trace of familiar scent.

Rushwater.

Immediately Dusk's head whipped up and she glanced around for any threats. Clearly something had gotten to the warrior if it had been able to rip this off. Once she was sure there was no threat in the area the head Lionheart immediately flanked Wings, trying her best to comfort the young cat. "His scents still there. Faint, but there. I don't... see anythin'..." Brushing her tail across Wings' back the head Lionheart started to inspect the area further, trying to find any clues. Some signs of a struggle, but there wasn't a lot to go off of. "How long has it been since he's been gone??" She hadn't really interacted with the tom and she normally didn't keep track of warrior's disappearing more than she did with the younger 'paws and kits...

[ Eaglepaw - @Mica ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |