My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: foggy dreams and bone deep guilt [p]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC
"Keep your head up! You need to look at the world around you!"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Okay, Minkpaw's melancholy tone was really starting to worry her. Marigoldkit could feel her brow begin to furrow as she looked up at Minkpaw wide eyes. She listened intently, making mental notes along the way.

She still couldn't directly meet her gaze though. She couldn't in normal circumstances and she certainly couldn't do it when Minkpaw was talking to her like she was about to make her journey to Starclan. It freaked her out and lead her gaze straight back to the foggy ground.

She shivered, her teeth clenched as she buried her side into Minkpaw's fur. She had assumed that the apprentices warm gesture had been an invitation for physical contact and there was no way she was about to pass it up, not when Marigoldkit was growing even more worried by the heartbeat.

When her friend explained to her that this was her mind Marigoldkit couldn't help but look around in confusion, as if she couldn't believe her eyes. This? This was Minkpaw's state of mind? Stars, she wasn't okay! Minkpaw was never outwardly dull, her mind couldn't be this gloomy and cold and foggy....

She would've been excited to know that she was in a dream with another cat just like Minkpaw and Blazingstar, but it felt more like a slap to the face than anything. Couldn't Minkpaw just walk into the nursery and talk to her? Maybe she didn't want to wake her. Still, she wouldn't have minded being woken up if she got to speak with a cat she cared about. Sleep could wait for that.

Before Marigoldkit could open her maw to speak, a vibrant orange caught her attention.

A marigold.

She stood up onto her shaky paws and reached out for the starry flower. It looked so out of place with all the fog and dull colors that surrounded them.

Despite her growing worry (and admittedly, fear) she couldn't help but smile at the sight. "Woah," Marigoldkit whispered into the humid air. "They're beautiful. How... How did you do that?"

Any other question that lay in her throat were left choked and unsaid. She frowned at what Minkpaw had last said, her lip quivering. "I know that," Marigoldkit nodded. "I'm here for you too, that's right." She wasn't sure why Minkpaw felt the need to say that. "Are you... Are you gonna die? Is that why you're here? To say your goodbyes?"

"i cant exactly tell you how i did it but you have some level of control over your mind and dreams" for now, said control was restricted to summoning small things though, and minkpaw was almost sure she'd never gain the ability to truly affect her dreamscape. white tipped paw twitched in front of her, resisting the urge to pull marigoldkit back against her body, it wasnt her place to overstep now.
"no, no im not dying." though some part of her truly wished that this was the reason she was here tonight, to announce her passing..
"but in a way im here to say goodbye" they began somberly, "i dont think i can make this any more pleasant for either of us..i left riverclan. i left and im not coming back" her plans to venture through riverclan territory one last time, use the knowledge she had gathered whilst training to be a warrior, and make her way to shadowclan, were left unspoken. she couldnt bear drop this information on the kit now. "i know i promised to teach you to swim and promised id show you the territory, and i know i cant do any of that anymore. " minkpaw chocked out, letting her voice because airy and chocked off, before briefly closing her eyes to swallow the building wave of emotions. she shouldnt be the one fighting off tears, not when she just told the kit that everything she promised was futile, not when it was all her fault and she never deserved to think about a future with marigoldkit. not when she had just broken trust, backstabbed the kit that had looked at her with love and admiration and wished nothing more than to undo her mistakes.
"im sorry."

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements