Thread: Rugged Range
View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2024, 10:33 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Bashful

Default Re: Rugged Range

While Stagheart had every bit of size and power advantage over the rogue she-cat, she was way more slippery and nimble than he. Despite that, his quick reflexes kicked in; using his heavier weight, he aimed a hefty paw at her head to disorient her, and then rolled to partially crush the rogue underneath him.

She shrieked, raking her claws across his fur as he eventually pinned her down. She only got one good swipe at his underbelly before he closed his jaws around her throat, listening for the sickening crack that followed his forceful bite. Then, it was done; her squirmy body finally lay at a bloody, morbid rest.

Panting, Stagheart shook some blood out of his eyes that trickled from a gash above his brow. The tang of blood was overpowering on his tongue, but he wasn't too fazed; it was an all-too-familiar taste for him. He didn't waste another moment to spin around, ready to leap to Dusklion or Redmire's aid — he'd heard a few nasty yowls in there and had no idea who was winning or not. But his fur flattened in relief when he saw Redmire helping out the Head Lionheart, the rest of the rogues dead at their paws.

The large tabby tom padded over to them, wincing as he licked at a deeper gash on his leg. That she-cat had got him good right there, and it had only opened wider as they tussled. Nothing too bad — he wasn't bleeding out or anything — but would definitely need some kind of treatment to avoid anything worse. Infections could kill, he'd seen it before.

But Stagheart refused to show any more pain than that and lowered his leg to the ground, looking between the two warriors before him. "You two alright?" He asked in his gruff drawl. As he spoke, however, his stark blue eyes scanned the area around them — both for rogues, and the missing presence of Mistyshard. He noted this silently with concern, but waited for Dusklion to speak before he'd mention that. He didn't doubt that the Lionheart had noticed the warrior's absence.

/ @taillow @starry @dino.

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Last edited by squidz; April 23rd, 2024 at 10:33 AM.