View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2024, 10:40 AM
'merp'

Bump Policy: ✧I don't do things unless I'm bumped soooooo
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat Apprentice Applications

Hello! This is TallKit's medicine cat apprentice application since those applications opened recently. I'll cover all parts of the form in this project, and will also create added sections to go more in-depth about specific aspects of the last part of the form.

───〖Name, Age, & Interest〗───

TallKit is a young and curious apprentice of RiverClan, interested in the ways of medicine cats and eager to learn more about the healing arts. He was adopted by MistyShard, the clan's medicine cat, after she saved him from an outsider attack. As a result, he has been around herbs his whole life and has spent much of his time in the medicine den, watching and learning from MistyShard. Now, he seeks to take the next step in his journey and become a medicine cat apprentice himself.

TallKit is a six-moon-old kit who has always been interested in the natural world around him. From a young age, he was fascinated by the plants and herbs that grew along the riverbanks and spent many hours exploring the forest and learning about the different properties of each plant. His passion for the healing arts only grew stronger as he got older, and he knew that he wanted to become a medicine cat one day.

──────〖Reasons〗──────

This section is for the "reasons why you would like the position of MC(A)" part of the form. TallKit has many reasons why he wants to become a medicine cat apprentice, including his love of helping others, his fascination with herbs and remedies, and his desire to learn the secrets of the healing arts. He believes that he has the skills and traits necessary to be a great medicine cat apprentice, and he is eager to prove himself to his clan.

TallKit has always been a caring and empathetic cat, and he has a strong desire to help those around him. He has seen firsthand the power of herbs and remedies to heal both physical and emotional wounds, and he wants to be able to use his knowledge and skills to make a difference in the lives of his clanmates. He is also deeply curious about the mysteries of the natural world and wants to learn more about the properties and uses of different plants and herbs.

In addition to his love of helping others and his fascination with the healing arts, TallKit also has the traits and skills necessary to be a great medicine cat apprentice. He is diligent, hardworking, and eager to learn, and he has a natural talent for healing. He is also humble and modest, and he understands that there is always more to learn and improve upon.

→ While researching what makes someone a good doctor, I found that TallKit fits many of the suggested traits (though admittedly, not all). Some of his main traits, such as his empathy (and compassion), were mentioned very frequently throughout my sources— empathy was mentioned in all but the last, and the last one did still mention compassion.

[ Unfinished ]

──────〖Personality〗───── ─

TallKit is a kind, empathetic, and caring cat who always puts others before himself. He is deeply compassionate and understands the pain and suffering of others, both physical and emotional. He has a natural gift for healing and has always had a way with herbs and remedies, thanks to his upbringing in the medicine den under MistyShard's care.

In addition to his empathy and compassion, TallKit is also a diligent and hardworking cat who takes his duties very seriously. He is always eager to learn more about medicine and healing, and he spends much of his time studying and practicing his skills. He is a quick learner and is always looking for ways to improve himself and his abilities.

However, TallKit's unconfident trait is something that he needs to work on, as it can sometimes hold him back from realizing his full potential. He is constantly second-guessing his decisions and worrying that he might make a mistake. This lack of confidence can make him hesitant to take risks or try new things, which can be a hindrance in a role like that of a medicine cat.

Despite this, TallKit's humility and modesty are traits that serve him well. He is always willing to listen to others and take their advice, and he never boasts about his own accomplishments. He understands that there is always more to learn, and he is eager to continue growing and improving as a medicine cat apprentice.

──────〖Research〗──────

I've researched some traits that are optimal for those in the medical field, so I thought I'd put some of that information here and analyze how that relates to TallKit.

According to the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, a good doctor/physician should be compassionate and empathetic. They should be diligent, resilient, passionate, and should simultaneously have confidence and humility.

In terms of TallKit's personality traits, he definitely fulfills the criteria of being compassionate and empathetic. He cares deeply about the well-being of others and is always willing to lend a helping paw to those in need. He is also diligent and hardworking, always striving to do his best and improve his skills. His natural gift for healing and his love of the healing arts make him a passionate candidate for the role of medicine cat apprentice.

However, TallKit's lack of confidence and tendency to second-guess himself can be a hindrance to his resilience. He can sometimes struggle to bounce back from setbacks and may need extra support and encouragement from his mentor to help him overcome his doubts and fears. But with the right guidance and support, he has the potential to become a resilient and capable medicine cat apprentice.

Overall, TallKit has many of the traits and skills necessary to be a great medicine cat apprentice for RiverClan. With his empathy, compassion, diligence, and passion for healing, he has the potential to make a real difference in the lives of those around him.

WIP

.・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

My characters!

Last edited by lys.luvbot; April 24th, 2024 at 10:59 AM.