Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 49 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky blue eyes ]
Purrks: Flock Together T3
· · ────────────── · ·
[Bravebird - @taillow ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur blinked slowly as Bravebird's words settled over the ridge, alighting on his ears like little birds and digging their tiny talons into the soft flesh. It took him an embarrassingly long time to respond, merely staring at Bravebird with the blank look of someone who had checked out many moons ago.

"Kits..." He mewed absently, blinking a few more times as his brain desperately scrambled to keep up.

Then it hit him. Hawkfur jerked up, azure eyes wide as he stared at Bravebird. She... she was asking him to have kits with her. As the surprise wore off, joy--unbridled, intense joy--took its place. Hawkfur's face lit up, a great big beaming grin stretching across his muzzle. Kits! With Bravebird!

His joy banked a little when she grimaced at the thought of being mates, Hawkfur's heart twinging painfully. Oh. Of course. Of course she wouldn't want to be mates with him. Why would she? She was incredible, stunning, like a blazing star that shot across the sky to great horizons. He was just.... Hawkfur. But even her words couldn't douse the flame of delight that had overtaken him.

Hawkfur had always wanted to be a father. His own father was bottom of the barrel, pretty much, and he wanted to prove to the world and himself that he could be better. He loved kits; he loved their energy and the endless love that poured from their hearts. Hawkfur had always wanted to have kits with a she-cat who loved him, but if Bravebird was willing to settle for him, he would settle for this. Not that he was really settling at all.

Hawkfur, chest rising and falling rapidly, nodded. He couldn't appear too eager, otherwise she might get weirded out. "I am honored you chose me for this." Okay, good start Hawkfur. Keep it simple. "I won't let you down." Let her down?? How?? Hawkfur flinched, mentally berating himself. "Er, I mean--I'll do my best? To be uh... worthy?" No no no you are only making it worse! Hawkfur gave her a long-suffering look, completely ruining his attempts to be suave and cool by looking like a drowned rat. "I'm so sorry, I'm just--really surprised--" a breathy chuckle. "--but my answer is yes."

He paused, mouth partially open. "Actually... I have a question. Will I be known as their father? Will I be able to be a part of their lives?" That was incredibly important to him. The most important part of this, in fact. He wouldn't do this unless those kits knew they were his, and he was allowed to be the proudest, most adoring father WindClan had ever seen.

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!