Thread: [Closed] dice
View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2024, 02:33 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: dice

@forest nope, not required !! some people just like to use the added flavor of having the dice sort of decide outcomes for you.

heres how i do it:

it varies for what the roll is for/who the roll is for. if its an apprentice hunting for the first time usually i'll make the dc to beat higher, like 12-14 depending on what's being hunted and for warriors i'll have the dc 8-10 - again depending on what's being hunted. (mice, voles, moles etc would be easier so they get a lower dc, birds and rabbits are harder so they get a higher dc)

battle training/actual fights i'd roll 2d20, one roll is the number to beat and the other roll is my characters contesting roll. if my chara rolls higher then theyre successful to a degree reflective of how much higher they rolled in relation to the roll to beat and it works the same way for if they roll lower - success/fail varies in how widely successful/horrible depending on the number of separation between the two rolls. like, if the roll to beat is a 14 and i roll a 19? thats almost a crit success so they get away unscathed and launch the next attack, roll to beat is a 14 and i roll a 5? they get pretty damaged and their counter attack will likely fail.

1 is always a crit fail no matter what and 20 is always a crit success no matter what - including rolling w/ advantage and disadvantage. advantage is usually with a skill the character knows well, so if i have an older warrior hunting a mouse, i could have them roll w/ advantage or if i have an apprentice fighting a warrior, all their rolls would be with disadvantage and vise versa.

Last edited by Neptune.; April 26th, 2024 at 02:34 PM.