View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2024, 04:01 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: I've returned... to find a Shrew (P)

Something wasn't right. Shrewstep didn't quite know why, didn't quite know what or who the source of the wrongness was, but he no longer felt safe. The small tom had been rather lounging about the clearing, hoping one of the mollies he was variously flirting with would pass by, when the scent passed him. It wasn't the same as it had been, of course. His memory had changed, the scent had changed, less of Shadowclan and more of the Outskirts now. But it mattered not. He still knew it, for it smelled far too much of his enemy, his enemies. Fiercefire. Frogfang's brother. Marigoldleap's old mate who he'd never liked but pretended to tolerate when they were in public. A cat he'd fought as a young warrior, the chuckle twins, then paws, chasing him through the forest under some guise of training, sparring with claws unsheathed and intent to hurt if not to kill. Fiercefire.

Approaching him. Of course. Those two never could leave well enough alone, even if it was only Fiercefire this time. It could have been fine if not for their meddling nature, Shrewstep was sure of that. Peaceful. He wouldn't have hardened his heart as much as he had if there wasn't a constant threat, a constant danger. Fiercefire was the secondary villain, but a villain nonetheless. Marigoldleap had been unable to get him under control, unsurprisingly. Once a scummy frog, always a scummy frog.

Drawing himself up to his full height (not impressive in the slightest but the thought was there at least), Shrewstep faced the enemy head-on. Hello old friend. he purred, voice intended to be sweet as honey but coming out more vitriolic than anything. Even his usually silvery tongue broke out of his control sometimes, the deep loathing within him finding it's way into his speech. I must say, I'm surprised to see you here alone. was his opening salvo, to the battle of words which would surely proceed from here. There was no way around it. They were in the clearing so physical blows were out of the question lest Dawnstar throw them both to the minks, but words could hurt just as much, if not more. You always did need someone to watch your back for you. But they were gone now. All of their backers, their seconds, were gone. Marigoldleap was still around, but wouldn't be getting involved in this confrontation. Shrewstep supposed he could call upon one of his beautiful friends if he really needed to, but for the moment it was just them. It wasn't Frogfang, he didn't have anyone to protect, but all Shrewstep could feel was deja vu. Deja vu, and angry confidence. @JackHunt_17