View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2024, 04:11 PM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Three Days
My Mood: Asleep

Default “Honestly, I just Hate to not Hate You.”

Rosekit
Male / 2 1/2 Moons / ThunderClan / Sexuality Unknown
Chocolate-brown and russet tabby Tom with fluffy fur and bright amber eyes, thin scars on his legs and a wide scar across the bottom half of his face

Sure, I’ve got half a face, but you’ve got yourself half a brain, so I’m sure we’ll get along just fine, ey?
~Rosekit

✽❀✽

Rosekit dragged his paws across the clearing ground, watching the dirt bubble up behind each drawn-out step. He had created a pattern for his eyes to follow; back left paw, front left paw, back right paw, front right paw, blink, repeat. The most interesting thing was the dirt popping up every time he lifted a paw, and with the amount of time he had been spending trying to be entertained by this, it was beginning to feel torturous. Watching himself walk wasn’t exactly Rosekit’s idea of fun, but then again, what was in this place? ThunderClan camp, at least to Rosekit, was beginning to feel like a little box. Within this little box, Rosekit was prancing laid back and forth, never loosing a single ounce of energy because walking had become effortless to him over time, and finally, he would lay down and rest for the night. Then once he awoke, it was right back to prancing.

The only escape from this box-trap was by being an obnoxious hairball, and that came to Rosekit naturally. But the very moment he was finished being a bother, it was always right back to prancing laps and kicking up dirt. The russet tom-kit looked up briefly from his paws and the dirt and up at camp. Aw, man- can’t wait for apprenticeship… He thought to himself, for what was most likely the millionth time in the past hour. And yet I’m not even halfway. This is my life, and I’ve never hated anything more.

He stopped circling the camp kicking dirt once he reached the nursery, pausing to take a look inside. He tilted his head to get a proper look in at the scene, but there wasn’t anything out of the ordinary going on in the den. Only kits tumbling over one another and their mothers- queens staring at the chaos and simply trying to make sure nobody was setting fires as they played. It was amazing to Rosekit how all over the place his peers could be, loud and restless 24/7. Anyway, in the nursery, it seemed nothing was new at the moment.

Then again… He started to think, glancing back grumpily at his paws. Maybe they’re just more like me than I’d like to think. Bored out of their minds and ready for some craziness. But at least I TRY to walk off my boredom, instead’a rubbing it off on some poor ol’ mothers. He payed no attention to the fact that walking only made him feel even more bored with life, and padded away from the nursery, back to circling camp. The other kits could live life however they wanted, Rosekit had no reason to care. At least, he didn’t until it was time to bother and tease one of them- but that was different.

Eventually the torture of boredom took over and Rose’Kit finally stopped walking for good. He found a spot in the center of camp to stay for a while and sat, ending the trail of his scrappy paw prints across ring of the camp. There, he turned his attention to his clanmates, scattered all around camp, existing in whatever ways they felt happiest. Whether that be by having civil conversations, playing around, squabbling with a friend, or just enjoying the peace, all of those activities seemed to be out of Rosekit’s reach. The tabby kit just couldn’t quite grasp the feeling of satisfaction- he was left unfulfilled, incomplete.

I can wait another three and a half moons, can’t I? He asked himself, but it wasn’t helpful. Three and a half moons was a long time to wait, and the idea of it wasn’t very exciting. Hey, maybe I’ll pick up a friend or two before I become an apprentice. Somebody ambitious, and… someone with strong hope in their future self… yeah! Kind of like me, right?

But when all he did was walk, bother others, and be bothered, finding friends wasn’t easy. Rosekit just needed a good conversation- a cat who could get him out of this never-ending cycle of boredom. No more kicking dirt- Rosekit would have somebody to practice Warrior-to-Warrior combat with! What a life that could be, where he could get to training even before he reached the age of six moons! So I guess that just means more waiting, then, Rosekit realized with a surge of annoyance. Waiting for this said cat, that is… Of course. The never-ending cycle truly was never-ending. Eat, sleep, drink, kick some dirt, repeat. Rosekit looked down to glare at his paws, unsheathing his claws to reveal trapped bits and pieces of old dirt and grain.

There was a lot of waiting ahead of him, wasn’t there? Infinite, horrible, torturous waiting. It made him sick. But what could somebody so insignificant do?

✽❀✽

// Here! This might be a bit of a wonky starter, my bad- wasn’t quite sure what to put. But here it is, I lived. \\

~ @Dolomedes ~

Feel free to stop by, request a roleplay, or just chat! I’m all open!

WIP Character Biographies //

Have a nice day!
~ Fritz ~

Last edited by Weekend-Wondering; April 27th, 2024 at 04:12 PM.