Thread: [Approved] Daykit
View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2024, 12:51 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Daykit

Lichenflood | Male + He/Him | Dark Forest
A large, dark brown tabby with green eyes and a white muzzle and chest.

It was a sad fact that for all the stillborn kittens who ended up in the stars, few had the strength of soul to establish themself as anything more then a wisp in the afterlife. They came to the heavens with no personality, no memories and only the event of birth to mark their existence. One tiny soul among hundreds of the same, and so the event of their passing too oft went unnoticed.

With these circumstances it was rare and strange that a soul could establish a sense of self enough to interact with the other dead. Stranger still that one could determine they wished to go 'back' when they never really recalled being alive in the first place.

The large tabby was unusually calm and gentle as he approached, nodding at Dewkit before nosing the kitten in an attempt at comfort as he sat down, getting on the kittens lower level to talk.
"I would not say that no one has known of your existence so to speak.... as it is the case that you name has been mentioned by the living more then you might think over the latest moons. And I feel deeply for your desire to become someone and discover who you are...."

The tom hesitated uncertain on how to phrase things kindly to the kitten and (unlike his normal judgements) unwilling to bring him mental harm, but spoke eventually, cutting out the harsh details for now.
"Dewkit is right. Your family, your life among the living might not be as 'safe' as you wish. There is much you do not know and in truth might not wish to know, so life will not be all you hope it to be. It wont be nothing, but the life you in particular will go back to is a hard harsh one full of turmoil and even in this discord you will find yourself apart.

If I could advise or beg you anything little one, might you think of reincarnation instead? You have no memories to 'loose' and it'd still be your soul, just with a new life name and family I can almost be certain would be gentler and safer then the one youd be returning to."

Daykit may not know his life but Lichenflood did his research and knew just where this little tom had come from.

@ellie @Starphobia

Last edited by Rani; April 28th, 2024 at 12:51 AM.