View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2024, 11:38 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Too late, too early [p]

Larkthroat
Starclan Queen | She/Her | 25 Moons at death
World Weaver T2 | Previously Windclan

The queen was just so uncertain now, so unable to understand how to help or what to do and hesitant because of it. She wished to help, she was trying to be open and supportive and desperately hoped that was clear.
Because in all honesty Larkthroat was lost in how to read Lightningstorm and what she wanted.

The younger molly was just too closed, too wary and traumatized and too complex for the shorter lived Larkthroat to understand so the medicine cats thoughts were foreign to her.

If there was anything the queen could say to help, to ease her thoughts or clarify things, anything Larkthroat could do at all, she didnt know. She felt as helpless as she always did, stuck in the stars and watching her son being raised an orphan and now watching a bright young soul be stamped down by the crueler aspects of life.

The cow print molly's mouth opened and closed, struggling to come up with words until she just... Gave up and nodded solemnly, eyes sad and ears dipped, offering a softly whispered "Im so sorry the world has done you such wrong." before she begun.

In hindsight delivering a prophecy was not what Larkthroat had expected. She'd done her research and while it seemed some had come from the eyes of the ancestors spying and twisting clearly seen events into riddles and rhymes it had come to her knowledge that some came from places unknown. A power above even the cats that dwelled in the heavens that when tapped into could give glimpses of the future, twisted into riddles that even those delivering it werent clear on.

Touching this felt akin to dying again, the (painless, this time) sensation of your soul leaving your body by powers unknown and far more powerful then you can comprehend. Except where before Larkthroat had woken in starclan, her soul newly her body, now the force rushed in where she was pushed aside to occupy her form.

Larkthroat was beside herself, a passenger as 'her' eyes went pure white and her voice was used to issue words 'Larkthroat' did not say or understand.

"What darkness' depths will bequeath in claws and fang, shadowed dark shall take in turn.
Above wings of decay glide in, below rivers of death churn.
Rid of your rot and clip their wings so moor's peace shall be restored.
Yet blood and demise will defile moor's hearts, so shall be the cost for the abhorred."

It was akin to holding a star in her throat, burning warm and cold and overwhelming and unknowable and un-graspable and that she was burning but not and-
The power left in a rush and the molly gasped, brown flooding back into her eyes as the queen suddenly felt hollowed out and startled that others managed this more regularly, legs shaking as she sat down.

There was silence for a moment, as the cow pattered molly pulled herself together and Lightningstorm likely thought over this prophecy before it was broken by a softly admitted. "I dont think I know what some of that meant." Reflecting some could be deduced, the first line specifically and it was clear that the mink had come from below ground and the solution to them was clear. "I know Twilightstar already has an alliance with shadowclan and this alone proves to me it is the right path. One I do not know you'll even need to step in to guide, and I am glad you are free of that stress at least." Because the other lines brought dire and dark warnings of the future.

Once again, some would already be clear by the time the mink issue was being solved, but not even a clear warning could prevent the heartbreak that'd occur. Fallownose, one of the moors hearts would be defiled and dead, sparking a war that'd rock two clans to their core. There'd be even more trouble beyond that too, and Larkthroat grieved at her inability to do more but talk.

"If theres anything more I can do to help, please tell me. You'll wake with herbs as a gift but if theres anything else please just tell me, even if our time runs short tonight I can come back whenever you call if so much as wanted."
A poppy, full of seeds to use and cobwebs did not a support system make, but the queen could try and wiggle through the medicine cats thick walls to be one if allowed.

@Alchemist Kitsune