My Mood: Lonely

Default Re: answering the call [lionheart search event - warriors only!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntToast View Post

|[ Mud'smoke ]|
he/him | 21 moons | RC warrior | more of a hunter
"ACTIVE"
__________________________________________________ _____

Mudsmoke listened attentively to Dusklion as she explained what was to be done. 4 Groups with different and yet equally difficult challenges to complete sounded pretty reasonable to him. This was to determine the candidates to fill in the open Lionheart roles, it was very fair to be difficult. Turning his attention towards the direction the head Lionheart had indicated to, when speaking of the Beavers, he could make out the outline of what looked like a large wall mad of sticks and mud.

Mudsmoke had heard of Beavers before but had never seen one for himself, luckily he hadn't been put on team 3 who were meant to fight the Beavers, he wasn't sure he could take on something like that being inexperienced and having little to no knowledge of the creatures or even an idea of what they looked like. Brushing of the thought he continued to observe the dam from a distance. It was pretty large, it looked like it was close to being complete.

If the wanted to finish this quickly and as efficiently as they could they needed and plan, a strategy. Staring a moment longer he turned back to his group. "So what are we thinking? That dam seems almost complete and from what I'm guessing there's a lot of water trapped behind it. We should think of an efficient way of breaking the dam down without it completely breaking a part and crushing us in the process. We should also try to be quick, the longer we take there is a higher chance the Beavers might notice. I don't want them to stop fighting group three to come attack us when they realise what we're doing to there dam" he spoke clearly making sure he didn't lose his train of thought.

If this was going to work well they should probably also discuss or form a plan with group 3 as well, since they would be the ones to distract the Beavers while they destroyed the dam. Mudsmoke bet these beaver creatures wouldn't be happy when the noticed that their den thing was being destroyed.
__________________________________________________ _____
|[TAGS]|
✎Minnowsplash @Littlesun0112
✎Martenburr @Zei
✎Silkwisp @Morrigan
✎Cherryswirl @Dust
✎Irisfrost @kittycatburmise
✎Blackfrost @lark.
__________________________________________________ ____
Quote:
Originally Posted by lark. View Post

Blackfrost
50 moons • RiverClan warrior • she/her
long-furred, mostly black tortoiseshell she-cat with sharp blue eyes

Blackfrost rolled her shoulders as she considered the issue at hand. With her size and seasons of experience, she would have thought she'd be better suited to take on the beavers themselves. She wasn't bothered though, and she could definitely see how she'd be useful to this team as well. She considered Mudsmoke's words, glad to see young cats taking some kind of initiative.

"It would probably be best to take it apart top to bottom, if we want to avoid it bursting on us. If we want speed though, I'd suggest tearing out at least a bit of the bottom. That would help make the rest of it unstable, so afterwards we can finish the job faster from a safer angle." She looked to the rest of the group. "I'd volunteer to get some of the bttom first — I can handle the water if there's any miscalculations." She waited to hear what the rest of their group thought — everyone's opinion was valuable, especially if they had any different insights.

Minnowsplash @Littlesun0112
Martenburr @Zei
Silkwisp @Morrigan
Cherryswirl @Dust
Irisfrost @kittycatburmise
Mudsmoke @burntToast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesun0112 View Post
@burntToast @Zei @Morrigan @Dust @kittycatburmise @lark.
(Minnow under group work pressure is a cat w/ leaf personality lol)

Minnowsplash gathered alongside the rest of group four. They cast a scrutinizing glance at the "beaver dam," something they'd never seen before. Huh. You're telling me that THAT'S the thing keeping all the water back? Ehhh??? Forgetting their patrol mates, they padded closer to the wad. Minnowsplash stuck their nose into the pile and got a big sniff... and felt a breeze through their nose "Hey!" They looked around, embarrassed when they realized no one was there, and padded back to the group. "SoyeahIwanderedoffsorrybutguesswhatIfound?SorryId on'tdowellwithothercats.ImeanIthinkyouguysaregreat butit'smeandyeahcanwemoveonnow?OhgoshI'msosorryBla ckfrostforinterruptingand-" (they cut themselves off). Without waiting for a reply, they sat down and began clawing at the dirt awkwardly. "So like, if you stick your face at it," they muttered, feeling embarrassed. "It's a lot of air. So it's not the mud we have to focus on... too much anyways. We should go after the sticks first." Wow, you're a genius Minnowsplash. A stick wall is made of sticks. "But a lot of them are upright, so maybe dig at the bottom? Like loosen some dirt or something? 'Cause then the top will float away, right? And you don't even have to touch it! Shortens time, you know? And then the diggers can hitch a ride on top of the stick mass." Their eyes lowered. The dirt looks reaaaaal nice today. "But of course, if you think Blackfrost's idea is safer then we should go for that. It's... basically the same thing anyways. And I don't want any cat to get hurt today." They smiled crookedly. The sooner this was finished, the better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycatburmise View Post
Irisfrost

Irisfrost looked around at the two-leg den when they arrived. She had never seen one before, and her eyes were drawn to the strange structure. But she didn't let herself linger on it, turning her attention back to Dusklion as the small she-cat explained their task.

Irisfrost considered the task for a moment before turning to her group to hear their suggestions. Blackfrost proposed a good solution. Minnowsplash's plan would be quick but dangerous, and they couldn't compromise safety for speed. "I think that would be too dangerous," she told Minnowsplash. "We could collapse it from upriver, but the flow of water after it breaks could be enough to sweep us away. And we don't want any contact with the wreckage." Her gaze flickered to Blackfrost; he was a competent warrior with good ideas. If he became a Lionheart she wouldn't be disappointed. "Blackfrost's idea is sound. I vote we go with that."

( Minnowsplash @Littlesun0112
Martenburr @Zei
Silkwisp @Morrigan
Cherryswirl @Dust
Blackfrost @lark.
Mudsmoke @burntToast

The posting order seems to have died so I'm posting this now )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Silkwisp
Riverclan warrior

Hmm, so the problem was a dam was blocking the water? And they had to destroy it and with the beavers, whatever those were...seemed simple enough. Silkwisp gazed up at Dusklion breezily as she set out instructions for the wannabe lionhearts. Everything seemed briefly planned out already they just had to figure out a way of doing it themselves.

The tall she-cat padded over to her group after the head lionheart was done speaking. Some of her clanmates were already voicing their ideas which were great. Good to know she was placed with a capable bunch of cats. She nodded enthusiastically at each of their plans. Much like Minnowsplash and Irisfrost, she agreeed that Blackfrost's idea seemed the most reasonable, they'd definitely make a good lionheart.

"I think Blackfrost's is awesome too! Though there's a chance that the build up of water could over flood if we destroy it too fast..." Silk began, her own plan forming in her mind. "Mabye we could make the river a bit larger? Not all of it, but we could just dig out some of the sides a little so if the dam does burst it won't overflow! Now, it sounded sillly but it could work...though she'd see what her teammates thought first.

@Littlesun0112 @burntToast  @lark. @kittycatburmise @Zei @Dust

Martenburr paused to think "i like the idea of taking out the bottom first, but what if the dam breaks while your inside? you could get trapped and maybe killed!" he thought again after the whole river expanding idea...

"hmm... i think thats a nice idea Silkwisp, But it think with as few of us as there is it take too long to do. plus if you look closely enough at the beaver dam and take a good sniff there seems to be mud as well in the dam to hold it together."

Nervously looking around at the others Martenburr gave his pelt a shake "i think it might be best to take apart the dam from the sides where it meets the riverbank. that way the blocked water, once unblocked enough, should wash away a good part of it. and if it doesn't take the whole thing down, once the water is calmer we could swim out and tear apart whats left! that way seems safest to me but whatever we do, please lets not risk any drownings!"
@Morrigan
@Littlesun0112 @burntToast  @lark. @kittycatburmise @Dust

Pet's name: Zeki Of The Frozen Dawn

Last edited by Ragwort; April 29th, 2024 at 08:33 AM.