Thread: Cattail Pond
View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2024, 05:33 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Cattail Pond

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 35 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

For all Mudhound loved Sprucejumper (as showcased by how they bumped against the tom affectionately whenever he came within reaching distance) it was kinda nice to have another chatty cat!
"Yep yep! You got a lotta apprentice family now, including Woofie though he might disown you if you call him that or tell him I did hehe! Its gonna keep growing too, I know where my skills lay and its in training most of all! Bumble-sis jokes that my size is wasted on me 'cus I dont have the heart to be a bully in battle so while I seem to shape up more then enough to be a hornet I mainly pull my weight there~"
That was true for the most part, Mudhound could do serious damage in a fight and was terrifying by size and strength alone but shied away from battle unless really necessary which was less then Bumblestar wanted, so stuck to strengths. Which was their frankly bizarre hunting methods and technical knowledge that meshed well with teaching the younger cats.

Which lead in well to the next idea.

"Oooh I can grab you later today after this patrol once Ive found Swanpaw and we can get some hunting training done then! And no water I promise! I dont like it either and while I like mud I think Lioncrest would chew off my ears if I brought Swanpaw back all dirty for him to clean~ So no mud!"
The tripods head moved to track their grown up kids flight along the tree tops, flinching when it seemed like he'd fall and cheering once he got the giant spider web, which might be even bigger then five of the little bundles cats usually collected!

Snagging a fourth marigold from the many flowers the hornet padded over, cleaning Sprucejumper of the little spatterings of cobwebs that had been littered across his pelt by his flight through the trees, knowing he preferred to be tidy, and formed one bundle of their own from the mess and grinned, happily declaring.
"Alrighty nice work everyone I think we're done! We can go back now yep, dont worry about reporting Ill do that quick and get everything sorted~ Nice hustle!"

A hustle that felt increasingly more necessary as a strange scent wafted through the air. It wasnt one Mudhound recognized and it was faint, but it felt like a predator even if it wasnt identifiable. There was a heavy weight in the air, once that spiked the hornets fur and even as the birds still sung and the sun still shined their tone had taken a wary dip as they gave a "Lets get going quick." and guided the two out fast, tension easing as distance was put.
That was weird.

[4 marigold 1 cobweb]

@Alchemist Kitsune @Fish

Last edited by Rani; April 29th, 2024 at 05:38 PM.