Thread: Sleepy Thicket
View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2024, 06:10 PM
He who dares, wins!

Bump Policy: 20 seconds
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

cw: spider

"Of course!" Duskleaf said. "I'll go collect some right away." He spotted an area with much more vegetation and knew there’d be some marigold in there, so he padded over to it lightly, humming as he walked. Just above him, there was a tree, with a branch sticking out not far above his head, and underneath it was…a cobweb! Duskleaf took a few steps back and looked up at it, with one paw he pulled the branch down so he could reach the cobweb, then raised his other paw to scoop it up, but then he stopped suddenly. A tiny creature with eight legs that could run unnaturally quickly for its size was making its way up and down the web. Duskleaf felt a shiver go down his spine. Was he actually scared of this tiny creature? He felt irrational and slightly embarrassed. What good was a warrior who feared such a tiny creature? He was much bigger than it, but something about it made him feel uneasy. The spider scuttled towards his paw, and he let go of the branch in fright, causing it to shake, and when he took a few steps forward, the branch whacked him in the face and knocked him to the floor.

Momentarily dazed, Duskleaf shook his head and stood back up. No, he wasn’t going to let this tiny spider beat him. Again he pulled the branch down with his paw, by now the spider had disappeared, it was probably flung away when the branch was shaking up and down. He momentarily hesitated, just to make sure it was definitely gone, then started wrapping the cobweb around his paw.

"I got it!" He proudly exclaimed, stepping away from the tree to make sure he was nowhere near that spider. He felt embarrassed by this, and just hoped no one had seen him. What kind of warrior feared something so tiny and harmless? He had to get it together. Alright, marigold now he thought. Surely that wouldn’t be as frightening! Remembering Mistyshard’s description of the flower, Duskleaf’s eyes scanned the vegetation to see if he could find anything that looked like it. He spotted a few flowers matching the description growing nearby amongst some other flowers. If this was what marigold looked like, then it was quite a nice looking and pretty flower. The only thing that wasn’t pretty was the smell, it wasn’t the most appealing smell Duskleaf realised as he caught a whiff of it. However he didn’t really mind that and plucked a few of these flowers from the stems.

"Uhh Mistyshard?" He called out as he approached the light grey medicine cat again. "Is this the right flower?" Duskleaf placed one of these flowers down on the ground so Mistyshard could get a clear look at it.

@starry

Duskleaf (RiverClan)

Snakefang (ThunderClan)

Uranium (Kittypet)