Thread: Firefly Cove
View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2024, 08:41 AM

Bump Policy: Whenever I am active always
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Firefly Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeCrimson View Post

EchoPaw nodded, and crouched. lifting his tail off the ground just enough, good enough for and apprentice.
Brackenclaw flicked his ears at the sight. If he was honest with himself it wasn't all that great. Brackenclaw would decide to show the young apprentice by showing him catching some prey. "Here Echopaw watch me as I hunt a mouse okay." Brackenclaw mewed to the Apprentice hoping Echopaw would pay close attention. Brackenclaw despite being rather large managed to crouch low on the ground by putting all his weight on his haunches. Ensuring no impact would be made when his paws hit the ground a mouse was scuffling in the meadow just ahead of them. It seemed that the small creature felt the 3 cats couldn't possibly have any idea it was there. Impressively if Echopaw watched and Mintwhisker as well they would notice once Brackenclaw disappeared into the tall field of flowers despite Brackenclaw being so darkly colored he managed to completely blend into and even move through the field without disturbing the flowers too much. As Brackenclaw moved silently towards the mouse the creature had no idea he was even there mindlessly munching on a flower seed it found. Brackenclaw was in position now only about a tail length away. Brackenclaw prepared himself to pounce before he went all in quickly pouncing on the mouse and dispatching it swiftly with a bite to its neck. It only had time to squeak for a split second. Brackenclaw would finally appear once more above the flowers carrying the mouse. It wasn't the largest mouse but it would do. Brackenclaw walked back over to Echopaw and began to bury the mouse on the edge of the meadow for later. "Alright lets see you try there should be a vole somewhere or another mouse you can use the same hunter crouch for both." Brackenclaw mewed deeply to Echopaw. He looked over towards Mintwhisker to make sure it was okay to give his Apprentice a task like this.

Mouse +1

Last edited by Lightningpaw666; April 30th, 2024 at 08:42 AM.