View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2024, 10:36 AM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Mistyshard’s one eye opened wide as she watched Roseshard be carried into her den. What the hell... how did her clanmates always get themselves into such trouble? She couldn’t have a day of peace anymore at this point. Fell out of a tree, chasing a squirrel. Well this was just great. She hadn’t seen Marigoldleap around camp recently so asking the former medicine cat for help unfortunately was not an option. It’s fine.. she could handle this herself... it was her job, after all. Relying on others would only cause her to fall deep into that hole she’d once been in again.

At least Roseshard had been awake sometime during the two feline’s journey to her den. She let out a loud breath and nodded to Blackfrost, gratitude evident in her gaze. “...Thank you for bringing him here. Yeah, you can... get something to eat... I’ll handle this.“ It felt weird to say that, not knowing if she actually could handle this or not. The silvery healer took a few deep breaths before directing her full attention to the hurt tomcat. There seemed to be nothing too serious except for a few bruises and gashes, until it came to Roseshard’s head. ”Oh my,” she murmured under her breath.

“Roseshard, can you hear me? I’m just going to place my paw under your head, test the waters very gently, okay? And then I’ll need you to tell me how it feels, what you can remember. After that I can give you some poppy seeds to help with the pain and make you fall asleep but I need you to be conscious and aware for a few more moments.” With a nod she attempted to slip her paws under the warrior’s head, trying to locate the major bump and get a reaction out of the warrior.

Wether that was pain or recognition... she would see. However, she did hope he remembered or felt something, because that’d mean he wasn’t completely lost.

[ @lark. @MockingRabbit ]

// #mistyhealing \\
He watched Blackfrost pad away, and he was alone with the medicine cat.
Oh my, she said.

Was it really as bad as that? It hurt like the stars themselves had cursed him, but surely it wasn't too serious. Conscious and aware; he could do that. Roseshard nodded, even though it sent a spike of pain through his skull, like a bolt of lightning. She reached for him and he winced at her touch. "It hurts," he rasped, relaying the information she asked for. "I remember falling, and hunting before that. I don't think I have forgotten anything." His words seemed hazy.

Poppy seeds sounded good, now.
Herringclaw would disapprove. A waste of the medicine cat's herbs, he would have said. Bear the consequences of your stupidity, and learn from them.
He would also call it weak, and dishonorable.

But Roseshard's father was dead now, and he didn't have to listen to him anymore.
"I'll take the seeds," he mewed.

A reliving of a past mistake
"Get out of our territory, mange-pelt!" Roseshard's voice rang through the clearing, startling the kittypet from her sunbathing. She rolled to her paws, pelt -that was definitely free from mange, and actually quite pretty- spiking.
"I wasn't doing anything!" She squealed.
Yes, get her off! Make her never come back! He pleaded to himself.
"I don't care!" His body yowled at her. "Get of RiverClan land!"
He didn't give her a chance to react. Roseshard felt his claws unsheathe as he pounced toward her. The kittypet gave another squeal, and pelted to the border, Roseshard hard on her heels.
The chase ended abruptly when she crossed over. Roseshard stopped and sat down at the edge of the border, expecting her to continue running.
But she didn't. The kittypet turned and sat down a few fox-lengths ahead of him.
"You are kinda rude," she mewed, flanks heaving.
No, no, no! Don't talk to her, don't reply! But his younger self couldn't hear him, and he was forced to listen as he remade the biggest mistake of his life.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch