View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2024, 03:58 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Rabbits belong in warrens, not birds [p]

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 6 | Purrks: none | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw smiled as his mentor offered some easy praise for his question and for a moment Rabbitpaw wanted to question why that deserved to be encouraged because it was just asking questions but he wasn't too happy to really care. So just watch out for loose dirt, that sounded easy peasy! Then there was digging and Rabbitpaw thought that he had to be destined for digging because with his fur he already looked muddy all the time. With the way his blonde fur gave way to muddy brown on his forelegs and paws. Soil, clay, rocks, and sand. Bad sand, icky sand. But oh wait? If clay was super duper stick together-y and sand was too sticky…. Hmmm, the blonde apprentice bounded up to his mentor as he started to lead the way into the tunnels and Hawkfur let him pass.

Crowtooth! Crowtooth! If clay sticks to your fur can you make the sand stick together by mixing in clay? So it's safer for the sandy tunnels! I mean we may need to use sandy tunnels with the fighting with Riverclan coming up?” The apprentice spoke out into the still air in the darkness. It was weird and Rabbitpaw had already tripped once or twice in the dark and he couldn’t really tell when he blinked or where Crowtooth was ahead of him and he giggled as he blinked and unblinked a couple of times trying to find the difference. Though he remembered to duck his head for his whiskers only after he stumbled a bit with a surprised yip escaping him before he hopped back up and continued with more cautious given to his whiskers, “I’m alright, I forgot about whiskers.

The tom continued and took a moment to scent the air and was surprised by how much louder the smells are now. Well, stronger? No, it was definitely louder, the smells were louder. There were prey smells and cat smells, most notably the scent that he thinks was Hawkfur and Crowtooth. This was so much fun and interesting it was nothing like his time hunting on the moor and as much as Rabbitpaw liked running through the meadow he thinks he also liked the closed spaces of the tunnels. It almost felt safer, despite what his mentor had just said, Riverclan cats and minks can’t sneak up on you down here. You’ll know a long time before they show up. It was like a hug, kind of, the way the walls were there. Rabbitpaw smiled even though he knew no cat could see it. It was a smile meant for him and the tunnels. He couldn’t wait until he could navigate like he could on the surface!

Rabbitpaw was surprised that mister Hawkfur hasn’t said much so far, if Rabbitpaw didn’t know any better he would’ve thought that the warrior was like scared or something. Given the way he looked before they entered and couldn’t see anymore. But that was silly, the tunnels were so much fun so far and learning was fun and also mister Hawkfur was a warrior, warriors weren’t very scared of things. Unless they were super scary things like Riverclan cats and minks and then they had to be brave and fight even though they were scared. Like Rabbitpaw would when he was trained enough to where Crowtooth will let him help fight! “Isn’t this so much fun, Mister Hawkfur?” Rabbitpaw blurted out, he kind of felt guilty, maybe the warrior wasn’t talking much because Rabbitpaw wasn’t giving him a chance to?
[ @Mica - Hawkfur | @Rani - Crowtooth ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!
Rabbitpaw header made by Marigoldwhisper!

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!

Last edited by Dolomedes; May 2nd, 2024 at 03:58 PM.