View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2024, 08:10 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNyanCatMinecart View Post
~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN - AMAB HE/HIM - BEEFED UP TIER 1 ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Character bio can be read here.

A flash of cream-colored fur and a wave of an odor that carried the foul musk of rot and the sharp bite of pine quickly captured Wolffang's attention. The WindClan warrior whirled to find a hissing she-cat with distinctive ginger tabby patches scattered across her cream-colored coat. A ShadowClan warrior, he thought with no minor amount of disdain. She was... helping him. The mink was now trapped between them both. Unfortunately, it seemed Wolffang would have to work with her.

Wolffang rolled: 20! Mink rolled: 11! Wolffang hits; mink misses!

He sprang forward, claws extended and another impressive roar ripping from his throat. The mink, distracted by the appearance of the cream-and-ginger ShadowClan cat, hardly had time to glance his way before he landed on top of it. His powerful jaws quickly closed around its neck. Snap! The sound of its neck breaking and the blood that burst onto his tongue like a freshly popped berry filled him with satisfaction and joy. More minks would fall beneath him. WindClan will be free from their vile clutches.

Wolffang dropped the limp, dark brown body and gave the ShadowClan warrior a look that said, If you try to take this one, you'll be crow-food.

An angry squeak sounded from behind him.

Mink rolled: 7! Wolffang rolled: 2! Mink misses; Wolffang hits!

Wolffang whirled in time to find another mink lunging for him. He dodged its snapping teeth and lashed out with his claws. It caught the predator on the cheek. Blood sprayed.

"If you insist on working together," he growled at the ShadowClan cat, "watch out from behind. If we defend each other's backs, we won't be caught off guard."

The words tasted vile as they slipped off his tongue, like the crow-food he'd silently promised to make the ShadowClan warrior if she laid claim to what was rightfully his. No, not mine. WindClan's. Trusting a ShadowClan cat to defend his back? In a heartbeat, no time wasted in the roar of battle, Wolffang remembered that "playdate" with RiverClan. A mock battle... where he'd nearly been drowned.

Everything pointed to this being a disaster.

But Wolffang knew he had to follow Twilightstar's orders.

He knew he had to fight for his Clan.

So, he had to trust this toad... and, if it came to the worst, he knew how to look after himself.

And there's a good chance it might...

@Abyssopelagic

Honeybite hardly had a moment to react when the mink lunged at her, and she'd gotten into a defensive position, ready to strike when the larger WindClan tom had seized the opportunity to snap the mink's little neck. The spray of blood splattered onto her pelt, and her tongue darted to clean some that had landed in her cheek.
The glare from Wolffang was enough to dissuade any thoughts she might have had about stealing the corpse, though those had already been stamped out by Dawnstar's warnings. A reminder never hurt, though.
She nodded to show that she understood, and that he could keep his kill.

The hissing shriek of another mink made the ShadowClan warrior's head quickly turn to look in the direction it came from, and the massive and muscular tom was already on it. She was begining to feel that her presence was less of a help, and more of a potential hindrance. The solution was found when Wolffang suggested they simply watch the other's back, and not allow and mink's to sneak up behind them.
With a flash of her teeth, Honeybite turned her back to the WindClanner, trusting him to protect her back, as she intended to protect his.
Honeybite growled as a mink came barreling towards her.

Honeybite rolled 8 | Mink rolled 19
Honeybite hits, mink misses

The ShadowClan warrior leaps out of range of the minks gnawing teeth, and her claws slash towards it's face, yanking the creature from its trajectory and flinging it's body into the air. The mink lands without an issue onto it's feet and chatters angrily at Honeybite, darting in for another attack. Deep claw mark marr it's horrible little face, an eye now missing, and blood freely soaking into it's pelt.
Honeybite returns to her defensive posture at the rabbit's flank, returning the snarl the mink gave.

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.