View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2024, 10:48 AM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]

Goopypaw
Apprentice || He/him || 11 Moons || Purrks: Bewitched: Goop

Breathe in. Breathe out. Goopypaw felt his nerves kick in at the sudden thought of battle. His first actual battle, and it was against minks. Not exactly how he had thought his first chance to prove himself would go. He still couldn't help the twist of his tummy as he thought about hurting the creatures without trying to communicate with them first, but there was no use in dwelling on it. He had a task to do.

Honeybite dashed into the fray like a lightning bolt, and the apprentice could only watch in awe as she and a gruff Windclan cat wrestled away the oncoming minks. The apprentice stood still for a moment as he watched the clash, trying to figure out what to do. The two were working in sync with one another perfectly, even if the tension between them was... much too high. Where do I come in? What do I do? Am I even needed here??? The calico suddenly felt very out of place. Like he didn't belong in the sea of brave and fearsome warriors.

A searing pain on his back right leg caused him to yowl in pain, whipping around to spot a mink's sharp fangs deep in his flesh. You IDIOT! He thought angerly at himself. Once again you've allowed yourself and others to get hurt!! DO SOMETHING!

Bucking like a bull to shake the mink off didn't work - and Goopypaw realized with a panicked jolt it was because of his stars forsaken curse. The mink was locked onto his leg whether it liked it or not. And judging by the way it wiggled around, it did not like being glued to a stinky cat like him.

"S-shoo!" Twisting at a slightly awkward angle, he managed to rake his claws down the minks face, immediately drawing blood. He grimaced at its howls of pain, but continued to slash until it's face was nothing more than a bloody blob on a wiggling body. Its own claws managed to slash and tear at his fur, but it did nothing to deter him. His leg felt like it was on fire, and he needed the thing off now.

Now in a twisted sitting position, Goopypaw was able to grab the minks head with his claw tips - careful not to touch it with his fur or skin - and rrrrriiiiiiiipppppp it off his leg. Clumps of his fur came with it - oh stars he hoped that wasn't his skin too - but he was free to shove the mink away. It scurried away - blind and defeated.

Breathe in. Breathe out. He took a moment to wince at his torn up leg, before limping back over to the warriors. This battle wasn't over yet.

@Abyssopelagic @TheNyanCatMinecart