Thread: Firefly Cove
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2024, 04:10 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Firefly Cove

"Well, yeah I think a 'couple' is usually two. The point isn't to catch the whole forest, it's just to show you can do it." Wolfhive was surprised by the question, having not realized a 'couple' would be misconstrued as anything but two. As for the rest, hunting was easy for most cats and Wolfhive wasn't too concerned about this part of the assessment. However, since Crowpaw was interested in more of a goal, he'd indulge. "Of course, like with patrols you'll be timed - we want to make sure you can be efficient in completing a hunt before Sunhigh." Thankfully, two pieces of prey in that time should be pretty easy, provided Crowpaw knew what he was doing.

"You'll have your choice of anything you want, and you should aim for catching something that's considered more difficult - like a bird or a squirrel for example. I'm leaving the second one open ended as well so if you're lucking out on one being nearby, you aren't stuck." Birds, squirrels, fish -- basically anything but a standard rodent would do in Wolfhive's eyes. Different prey required different care, and the purpose was to ensure Crowpaw could be adaptable in the event one source of prey wasn't available.

Ultimately, though: as long as Crowpaw could successfully catch prey, he'd do fine. Wolfhive wouldn't fault him for elements outside his control.

"Unless you have any other questions, you can start - come back over here when you're done." Wolfhive would be watching at a distance and planned to be back by this spot before Crowpaw returned.

[ @SpiritedWarrior ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules