Thread: The Venom Tree
View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2024, 11:22 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: The Venom Tree

Stormfly sighs, not at dearest Treepaw, but at the fact she must send the apprentice on a scavenger hunt. While she would show her exactly where to find it, and how to get there, there wasn't a guarantee that nothing would disturb the gift before Treepaw could find it.
"It does not please me, either, that I cannot give it to you directly, but I will show you where and how to find it," she promises, her tail gently tapping Treepaw's ear.
"But first, I will show you how to use your gift to its greatest potential, and how to find such things on your own."
Stormfly reached a paw among the roots of the tree, claws sinking into the scaled flesh of the snake she'd found in the Dark Forest, nearly identical to those that had come to inhabit ThunderClan's territory. She gently placed it between herself and Treepaw. The beast was a dusky brown colour, and banded with patches of black scales, giving it a most distinct look.
"I do not know how widely known it is to ThunderClan, but some seasons ago, these snakes began to inhabit your territory. Unlike the snakes we are used to dealing with, these little creatures have a bite most dangerous, deadly enough to quickly kill a cat of any size."
Her eyes gleamed, and she ducked her head to be at eye level with the apprentice.
"I will teach you how to kill these scaled creatures in a way that you will avoid being bitten yourself."
This was not all, of course, and would not come until she proved she was willing to use this gift for it's intended purpose. That lesson, how to utilize this menaces venom, would come today.
"Before I will teach you how to kill them .... It is important to also not let such hard earnes prizes go to waste. I have found one, dead within your territory, near to your camp. It should be simple to find, and I will show you the path to find it, but first, I wish to show you how you can use these creatures to their fullest potential."
Stormfly gestures for Treepaw to step closer, her tail coming to carefully wrap around her front paws, and drape itself over the corpse of the snake in front of her. In the dim light of the Dark Forest, poised with her back nearly hunched over, the tortoiseshell looked awfully similar to the snake at her paws.

[ @SuspiciousMindz ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.

Last edited by Abyssopelagic; May 5th, 2024 at 11:23 PM.