View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2017, 08:48 PM
Friendly Coyote

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Bushhunter wasn't sure she liked the idea of Almondpelt trying to get the mats out of her fur. She glanced backwards, twisting her head over her shoulder, glaring at the she cat before she sighed. "Yeah b-" She began, and then stopped. She shouldn't argue with this. Whatever was going on would be fine. Besides, what was the problem with cleaning up a little bit? There was no problem with it! It would be just fine. At least, that's what Bushhunter hoped...she wasn't sure if she would attract unwanted attention or not, but the only thing she could do was hope that she didn't. Attention was not Bushhunter's favorite thing, therefore she was quite unsure whether getting all cleaned up and prettied up was going to be a good thing. Bushhunter sighed, giving up and relaxing, glancing back at Almondpelt again and fixing her hues on her as she spoke. "Hm. Yeah, well, that's your idea of a good life- you should follow it. Personally I would disagree. Having a tom for a mate is like selling yourself into slavery." She snarled, her softer mood gone now. Her hues narrowed and flashed as she glanced back at Almondpelt as though daring her to say something about the words she had spoken. It was nothing personal against the she-cat- just something that Bushhunter had against toms. She had seen she-cats abused, used, and spoken to in all sorts of ways. Through that she had come to the conclusion that toms- well, most of them- were not to be trusted. Although there were some perfectly nice ones around camp, she was sure, she had also seen toms who acted nice just to get a she-cat they wanted only to turn on them once they got bored. To a tom, a she-cat was like a shiny new toy- once it dulled, or you'd had it for a while, it got boring and you decided to throw or give it away.
[Oh the foreshadow xD]

"I wouldn't say it's quite that bad," Almondpelt giggled. "They can be sweet." It was then that she realized she didn't have a definite argument for toms, as the only toms she'd ever met were the ones that got her mother pregnant with Almondpelt's many, many siblings, bred for shows. That wasn't the tom's fault, though, as their twolegs brought them, left them, then picked them back up. She then kept at Bushhunter's mats, thinking about her mother. The smaller she-cat saddened, wondering if by some miracle, her mother found her way to Starclan. She still kept at it though, remembering that she had a new family. 'Thunderclan is my family now, and they're all I truly need, right?' she thought.