View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2024, 04:34 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming
Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post

MISTYSHARD
she/her | riverclan medicine cat | 38 moons
dreamwalker ⦁ beefed up t2
What the hell... why was Grimpaw unconcious and bleeding? The silver tabby frowned as Crowglow brought her in, ears pricked as she listened to the story. Appleberry, a RiverClan warrior, had tried to harm Grimpaw?! Gosh, that was so wrong. "Thank you for bringing him in, Crowglow. I'll need you to stop panicking - he's in good paws," she mewed. Innerly she didn't fully know if that was true but it was what it was. "You can leave or stay, but if you stay I'm going to need you to calm down.. otherwise maybe you should take a stroll through the territory, clear your mind a little." She nodded curtly to the warrior.

"Berrypaw! Come, help with this one." Mistyshard briefly looked at her apprentice before returning her attention to injured Grimpaw. He was already unconcious, so she did not want to risk giving him poppy seeds. She hadn't been taught what would happen if she did give them when the cat was already unconcious - what if he never woke up again? And then it would all be her fault. No, that was too risky. Her paws worked quickly to attempt to slightly tilt the tomcat in a way that she could look at his wound. There seemed to be primarily big claw marks on his side.

Once she was done with examining the apprentice, she turned to Berrypaw. "Can you get me some marigold from the herb storage? It's a bright yellow-orange flower with many leaves around its stem and it helps against infection." With that taken care of, she grabbed a piece of moss and placed it on Grimpaw's flank, soaking up most of the blood. "Moss will help soak up most of the blood from the wound. The moss should be clean and is oftentimes your first step." Healing and teaching Berrypaw at the same time was a bit difficult, but she didn't mind too much. At some point she'd get used to concentrating on so many things at the same time.

Without further contemplating, she bounded off to get two cobwebs from the herb storage. "Cobwebs are wrapped around the wound to stop bleeding. But before I can do that, we'll need to put marigold on to prevent infection from setting in. Can you chew it up until it's somewhat runny, into something that is called a poultice, and then spread it across the wounds?" Head tilted to the side, she carefully watched her apprentice.

[ @squidz @Forgetfulshape ]
[ -1 moss, -2 cobwebs ]
Crowglow took a few deep breaths. "S-sorry, its just that I see him as extra family in a way. He's the only cat I trust more than the high ranks.." He quietly explained. His tail swayed gently.
@squidz