View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2024, 10:40 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ShadowClan Kits' Playden

Lostspark blinked slowly at Cloverkit as the young feline (verbally) hopped around in front of her (or at least, that was what listening to him talk felt like). Waiting for the endless barrage of questions to cease, Lostspark finally answered after he'd quieted. "I do know many herbs, but there is always so much more to learn. All herbs are indeed not good. Some can kill even a fully grown cat. But that's only if you eat the wrong things without checking with someone. All of the herbs aren't the same, actually - there are so many herbs with so many different uses."

Once all his questions had been answered, she turned to Silkpaw and offered the apprentice a gentle smile. He was her extended family, after all. The half-brother of her ex-mate. "We'll start off with the poisons first, so you know what to always stay away from. Here is a deathberry." She brandished a red berry. "Deathberries are highly poisonous - hence, the name. I know they may look like something that is edible but they are not, they can kill a cat in seconds."

"Next, we have deadly nightshade. Or just nightshade. It has distinctive vivid purple flowers with erect yellow centers and once the blooms die the wilted buds form dark almost black berries that stick out from a star shaped flower looking bit that attaches them to the stem of the plant. Similar to Deathberries, Nightshade kills very quickly so it’s better to leave it be, cats will usually present usual signs such as gagging and vomiting and will be dead within a matter of minutes." She leveled a stern gaze towards the two youngsters. "I am telling you this so I have two less potential deaths on my paws. If I find you've used this knowledge for purposes other than to help, there will be consequences. Any questions before I move on?"

[ @Abyssopelagic - Silkpaw / @Bean - Cloverkit ]

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.