View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2024, 02:56 AM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultation View Post

After his conversation with Pebblesplash was finished, another cat came to visit. Probably coming to argue against his decision, as well. Hearing Adderpaw's terse voice ask to speak to him, he nodded. "Come in. What's on your mind?"

"Right I want to talk about a few things, sorry in advance if I say something out of line, I'm just well, bit emotional right now I guess." Adderpaw huffed out feeling her muscles tense thinking about what she had seen. It was a hard horror to shake out of her mind thinking about what was done in front of the entire clan. "Right so..."

"I will admit that I missed what Fogmuzzle has said to begin with as the start of what seems like a migraine was setting in so I'll give that to you. I would have said something about how we have exiled cats that spit threats out but let's say she had to die for the fun of this..." Right, the fun.

"What in the world were you thinking? That was horrible!" Adderpaw said finally letting out all of the shock that she was storing in her mind. She had to chase her mind to try and keep herself calm, to keep herself from saying anything terrible to her leader. "This felt like some code-less and honor-less action that just took place out there. Kill the cat if you think that is what is to make the clan safer, but torture does not bring anything good. This cat was already pinned down and couldn't defend herself anymore but you wanted her death to be slow and painful? That's madness!"

Adderpaw wondered if looking up to higher ranks was worth her time anymore, worth her dedication, her blind support. No, that was only reserved for Larkstar and until she came back to leading this clan she wasn't going to blindly support anyone who held a rank higher than her anymore.

With that you had no qualms with another cat ripping her tongue out while she was still alive and able to scream? Another paw? And in courage by offering ‘trophies’. What example is that supposed to make for the rest of the clan that you forced the older cats to see?

She shook her head and sighed.

Fadingsun I speak to you out of genuine concern for the clan and its well being. Sure you wanted to teach the warriors a lesson about what happens to traitors, but this makes us seem like the stories that queens tell their kits of Shadowclan. Unbelievable brutality that only a kit could believe but the clan is making real.” She bit her lip for a moment. Would Fadingsun listen to her or just kick her out? Demote her? Exile her? To be honest he made her scared enough by that display to think he would do worse than that.

I feel like the clan is only going to end up seeing you as a tyrant despite what you wanted to seem like and this discontent will only brew longer and longer and maybe that fear of rebellion will actually rise up against you. I do not wish to see the day when that happens and that's why I came here to talk to you about it. I feel like we need to pull back from torture right now, before things get set in this way. Before cats think that they need to rise up against you since well…

You made yourself seem so scary.To me. "What do cats do when they are scared? They lash out. Please just be careful."